Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Bridal luncheon?

where is a good place or type of place to do one? any ideas?

Re: Bridal luncheon?

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, there's the typical places like La Madeline's or Main St. Bakery (one in Plano one in Grapevine).  There's some winery places on Main St. in Grapevine that have really good food too.  You could ask for a small private room at Maggiano's Little Italy.  There's Mi Piaci in Addison--it's really quiet but I don't know if it's open for lunch on the weekends.  There's places like Gloria's and Christina's.  There's always the Cheesecake Factory and Cafe Luxe at the Galleria.  It's owned by the Cheesecake Factory people but it does have a different menu and different desserts.  I always like eating there.  We ate at the little Italian restaurant recently at the Shops at Legacy; I can't remember the name but it was pretty good.  You could also always go to places in Uptown in Dallas or Sundance Square in Fort Worth.  I am not too familiar with either place except that the Daddy Jack's Seafood in Sundance Square is really good.  But, you have to like seafood.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have to stay around the mansfield/ arlington area, so maybe a place that is a chain where one might be close to me or possible an idea or concept in general?
    thanks for all the suggestions though!
    my MOA was thinking a tea party idea was nice, but i don't know any place that does anything like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had mine at Maggiano's.  My sister did hers at a little restaurant on the square in Denton.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only tea place I knew of was in Downtown Grapevine and it's been closed for years.

Sundance Square isn't that far from Arlington/Mansfield is it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i will check, i've never heard of it, but i haven't been in the area of mansfield that long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok, i looked it up... it is really far :(

really need to stay close since we are pressed for time with other wedding running around that day... can do arlington 1-20/ cooper area.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that looks awesome!!!!
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine at the Chocolate Angel in Richardson.  That may be too far for you.  Did you google to see if there are any La Madeline's close?  Here's a link to a listing of tea rooms.  Maybe one of those will work.  I've also been to a couple of the listings, but I don't know that any of them are convenient to you.  GL!

photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What do you consider far?
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my bridal shower at the Chocolate Angel--there are pics in my bio.  But I think it's probably too far.  It's a really cute place though with a private room.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    more than a 20-25 min. drive. 30 max. we have so much to do that day including the nails and such.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Then just pick a place in Mansfield around where you are getting your stuff done.
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Rose Garden is where my Texas Bridal shower will be. We went there for lunch and the food is really great. The only down fall is is that it is always super busy and when we go we usually have to wait. You might be able to call for reservations, but I wouldn't go without calling ahead, especially if you're on a time crunch.

Have you thought about maybe getting a hotel room and having lunch brought in? I rented a mega-suite at The Embassy in Grapevine for the night before and the night of our wedding. Some of the girls are staying the night before and we all are getting ready there for the wedding. The MUA is coming to us and I thought it'd be nice to just have Jason's Deli or something like that come to us too.
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Near the Parks Mall are La Madeline and Cheesecake Factory.

In the Arlington Highlands are Gloria's, Houlihans (awesome chocolate martini!), Mandola's and Mimi's and the Melting Pot. All chain restaurants, but can likely accomidate you.

I grew up in Mansfield, but could not think of anything in town that would be a tea house type place. There are some good mom and pop restaurants - Steve's Garden Grill, La Gondola, Napoli's.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would love to stay in mansfield, but there isn't much exciting here. arlington is doable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i LOVE Napoli's! we are having the rehearsal dinner there, otherwise we'd definetly be going there!!!
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that area, but I looked at the Mimi's Cafe website and it says there's one in Arlington. My matron of honor had her bridesmaid luncheon there. It's a great brunch place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are pressed for time I would stay away from I-20 and cooper. There Mimi's is a good option in the Highlands, but traffic is always busy in that area. There are some places on far south cooper. There is a pizza place, cannot think of the name, Cabrio's maybe? Last time I was there I saw on the chalk board that someone was having a rehearsal dinner there. There are a couple of mexican restaurants, Nelda's and another that I cannot think of. Sorry if I am not much help. Oh, La Gondola on Debbie off of Matlock may be a good choice.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

La Gondola is ridiculously delicious... and the servers and owners are so friendly and nice.  I would definitely recommend it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    will have to check all these out!!!
  • Options
    SkylarLindenSkylarLinden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    La Gondola in Mansfield is excellent!  They used to be in Arlington under another name, but then they moved to Mansfield and we make the trek!  Fantastic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards