Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

bridal store choice??!!

ok, so i only have a limited weekend my mom and sister can be here to help me try on dresses! i have made some appointmetns and for my last boutique i have to choose between Terry Costa and Mockingbird Bridal... does any one have pros and cons of the two stores to help me narrow my decision? thanks so much in advance!

Re: bridal store choice??!!

• Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard mixed reviews about the service at Mockingbird Bridal, but they do have quite an extensive selection.

What is your budget?  For dresses under $2000, also try Lulu's Bridal in uptown.  Also, Circle Park Bridal in Addison has off the rack choices (mostly around $700 mark) that's worth checking out.

For higher end, I highly recommend Patsy's in Highland Village and Stanley Korshak Bridal.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Mockingbird Bridal recently for a bridesmaid dress.  The customer service was not great. They were all confused about which dress, and they didn't understand why I wanted to try it on rather than just get measured.  I'm definitely not planning on going there for my wedding dress after that experience.
    imageimage Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to almost every bridal salon in the area and I live right off Mockingbird.  I stayed clear away from Mockingbird Bridal though because of bad experiences a couple of my friends had.

I ended up getting my dress from Bridal Bliss in Fort Worth and they are great to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Mockingbird Bridal with my friend when she was trying on dresses.  The service was just ok.  She ended up getting her dress from Lulu's Bridal.

I purchased my dress during a trunk show at Terry Costa, it was a great experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Mockingbird Bridal when my sister got married and the service was horrible. I didn't even consider going there when looking for my dress.
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I shopped at Terry Costa, and it was a good experience... I didn't end up buying there, but they were very helpful.
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Mockingbird Bridal, and the service (and selection) were not good.  I ended up buying my dress at Terry Costa!  They have been extremely helpful every time I go in, plus there is a 15% discount for everything purchased there until the wedding. (jewlery, veil, BMs dresses, nice deal!)
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to Mockingbird Bridal. But, a girlfriend of mine getting married in October went to Terry Costa just to look at dresses for fun back in January, and neither of us were impressed with the selection. We also had a hard time finding someone to help us.

I ended up buying mine at Lewisville Bridal Boutique and couldn't be happier with the service, or the huge selection of designer gowns. They make you feel completely comfortable, and work really hard to find you "the" dress.
  • Options
    AnnaM1031AnnaM1031 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't even try anything on at Terry Costa because no one would help me. We walked in and out (to be fair- I didn't make an appointment).

Mockingbird was overwhelming and not very helpful. They had some great dresses, but they were at the top of my budget. I got my dress at Lasting Bridal in Addison- it was a great experience, and their dresses were more in line with my budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much!! this really helps!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hello, I am (always) a bridesmaid. I have been going with my sister to look for wedding dresses all around the metroplex for about 7 months straight now including Terry Costa and Mockingbird Bridal, but no luck in finding exactly what my sister is wanting because she saw so many dresses and wanted to put different parts of different dresses together in one. Anyways, a friend of our mom had told us about this place where you can meet a designer and have them design your dress. To make a long story short.....the place is called "DRESS MY WAY" and they are located by downtown Dallas. I think maybe they have a Facebook page as well. My sister and I just had an appointment with them last Friday and it went great! We met with a designer and gave her all of the ideas that my sister was wanting in her dress. They gave my sister a sketch of her dress to take home and now we are just waiting for them to call us for a price quote. If all goes well, so far, maybe this might be a better way for getting a dress. I think maybe they do bridesmaid dresses as well, but not sure. I need to call them and I'll let everyone know. Hope this helps for looking at another option for finding wedding dresses.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards