Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday

So our dog, Anna, learned how to jump our fence Friday while we were at work.  Luckily, all she wanted was to get into the neighbor's yard to chase squirrels.  Unfortunately, now she knows she can do it-so she just keeps jumping the fence.  We're currently having a wood fence installed and it should be completed by Wednesday....but man that was not an expense we were expecting....

On top of that, Saturday night our A/C started making loud noises and the noise only got worse as the day went by.  So we shut off our A/C and have called our home warranty people.  Hopefully we'll get someone out there ASAP because it was 76 degrees in my house at 6:30 in the morning and I don't even want to know how hot it's going to be in there when we get home this evening :( 

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is my last Monday with my crazy students. I don't know if that's a B&M or an AW!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah,
    Yuck on the A/C.

My B&M is that I switched purses to a clutch for a party yesterday and this morning I realized too late that I left my license, my debit card, Bill's credit card and all my cash in the little clutch.  I am going to have to leave during my conference to go home and get it and then drive back to Westlake to pick up Bill so we can go straight to the hospital to see my mom.

Oh, and my mom's stent failed that they put in one of the arteries in her brain.  We don't know what they're going to do now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, but I have two more.

I'm tired of these kids who complain.  I gave them something that was matching and they complained!!!!!  I could have made it much harder but I decided to make it easier.  Blah on them.

After picking up a pamphlet at Baylor the other day, I began learning a lot about strokes.  The more I read the more I became convinced that her nurse practioner and the other hospital might be guilty of malpractice.  I don't know what to do because I always thought that we were in a good situation with those people.  Now it turns out that we're not and I am flabber gasted at what to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our puppy, Ollie, is driving us up the wall!. He's not doing well with his potty training. He knows he's supposed to go outside to go potty because he tells us all the time when he needs to go. He goes to the front door and paws at his leash that is hanging up. But yesterday, he was a tyrant! He peed on our couch and on the floor multiple times. He's almost 5 months now and I do not understand why he's not fully trained yet?!!??!! Any puppy potty training advice out there?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie - wow.  I am so sorry you are having to go through all of that.  I don't really have any advice - except other than consult an attorney - but - wow.  That's horrible!

bdette - Do you consistently take him out at routine times or do you always wait for him to tell you he needs to go?  He would probably do better on a routine.  For example, our dog, Lola - we take her out in the morning, right after work and then in the evening.  We usually take her on a walk after work, because if she needs to go potty #2, she won't do it immediately after peeing.  Also, on the weekends we have to take her out more - the weekends usually throw her off a bit.  Does Ollie get a treat when he successfully goes out?  I know that helped Lola a lot.  Especially when she figured out she wouldn't get one if she went outside and did nothing.

I really have nothing to B&M.  Today is FI's birthday - so happy birthday to him. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bdette...we have two pugs (one of which just turned a year old).  He was potty trained when we adopted him, but soon after he started peeing and pooping in the house.  Then my FI got onto him about it (I can't be mean!) and they stopped for a while.  Then they started doing it again overnight, so now we have to keep them in their kennel.  I don't know why they started doing it again!  They know they are supposed to go outside!  Sorry...I know that doesn't really help!

And juliebug...that really sucks!  Why do you think malpractice?  Are they not doing the right treatment?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My boss is supposed to be out this week but she came in today :(

I'm really tired of the lack of visits to DH's family being blamed on me.  So freaking sick of it.  I don't hold him hostage, he's not in hand cuffs, he isn't electocuted when he reaches a certain distance from the house.  I'm trying my very best to not let it get to me but yesterday it did. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bdette, he could just be going through a phase.  That happened with Anna.  She had a few accidents when she was about 6 months old after being potty trained.  I think she was just trying to get our attention and that's the only way she knew how to get it. 
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My B&M is that I am on day 6 of jury duty. Argh! I never thought I would get to a point where I missed my job, but I am there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bdette - we have a 1 year old dog, and it probably took her to about 6 months to be fully house trained. We taught her to ring a bell when he needs to go out, and that helped a lot. Otherwise, I agree with serlace - make sure he gets a treat when he goes outside, and not when he goes inside. Also, is he really having accidents, or could he be marking his territory? I don't know a think about how to stop dogs from marking..
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we have him on a potty routine: he goes out twice in the morning, once at lunch time, and about 3 or 4 times in the evening. If he does seem like he needs to go anytime in between, we'll take him out. I agree, I do think weekends throw him off. He rarely has accidents during the week, but he had about 5 yesterday. We're trying harder to get him treats when he does go so that he knows it's a good thing to potty outside and not inside. Everyone warned me when we got a husky that they're very head strong and can be hard to train. And after getting him, we found out that runts (which he is) are even harder to train. Oy vay!
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand how how hard it is to send back an RSVP, we even a self addressed stamped envelope thinking it would make it easier on our guests. I was wrong!! Out of 65 invites we have only gotten 10 back and the deadline was last week. Ugh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww! Huskies are so cute!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sparklingdiamond, here's a couple recent pictures of him. Such a cutie! These pictures will lead you to believe he's an angel, but in reality...he's not. Wink

Sitting on "his" couch, the one he peed on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bdette - he's so cute!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

He is so adorable!!  How big is he right now?

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Those two pictures were actually taken just last week. He's up to 28 pounds now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ok weird question....on that second picture there is a blue blanket/sheet that is blue.  Does that have penguins on it?  It looks exactly like something my mom has!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, those are penguins on the sheets! We got those sheets at Wal-Mart about 2 yers ago. Brad and I have this thing with penguins. Supposedly penguins mate for life so we have penguin stuff everywhere. We even had a girl and boy penguin on his groom's cake! :)
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So I ordered a treadmill 2 weeks ago, and I got the call today that it's arrived at the freighter company and is ready to be shipped.  I'm ecstatic that it's finally here, but I wish it would've shown up yesterday or the day before.  Now I will probably have to wait until Saturday to have it delivered because I can't move it in the house by myself, and David can't take off work if I wanted to have it delivered during the week. 

Oh well.  I'll just have to put up with the gym until next weekend. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad has the air in the house set at 83. It's miserable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I came home early from the office to veg out on the couch and watch bad tv. While flipping through channels, I came across the two most obnoxious women ever on the same channel: Oprah and Julia Roberts. Ugh...they're both so annoying and I can NOT stand them, especially together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a cute topper!  That is so sweet that you like penguins because they mate for life!

Bananna-  My FI doesn't like me much right now because I keep the temperature at 83!  I let him turn it down to 80 at night and we have a fan we use in the bedroom.  I grew up in a house that stayed about that temperature so I'm used to it.  Plus, it is totally worth it when we get our electric bill!  (Which was only $80 this past month!)

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love penguins!  Sorry - had to share that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Brad's taking me to the aquarium for our dating anniversary next month to see them. So sweet!

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know, he keeps it that high because of the electricity bills. And since I'm living here rent free and I don't pay the electricity bills, I don't touch it. (I wait for my mom to do it) But I do try to stay out of the house until sunset. 76 is about the highest I can stand it. 
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sparklingdiamond I have a pug too! Just had to say that. :) I love puggies so much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww me too!  I love my pugs!  They love attention! :-p

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011

When she had her first two strokes, the nurse practioner just kept telling her to take her vertigo medicine--she didn't even diagnose it as a stroke herself in spite of all her issues and having a family history of stroke.  The doctor who read her CT scan at the hospital did that.  My mom went a month or so with vertigo, a headache, lost balance, etc before she could finally get someone else to do anything.  The hospital didn't order any sort of therapy while she was there.  They let her sit in her room and watch TV.  She told me that a neurologist never visited her.  I know the first two were light but she never really got better and it really upset her.  With Baylor in Dallas, we've seen the physical therapist almost every day, the speech therapist every other day, and the occupational therapist almost every day as well.  They take her down for regular CT scans, etc. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow that does sound bad.  I'm sorry :-(  Have you talked to a lawyer?

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards