Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

I've never been to a bridal show, is it worth going?

I've been receiving emails inviting me to go to bridal shows. I've never been to one so just wanted to know if their worth going? thanks ladies!

Re: I've never been to a bridal show, is it worth going?

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They can be a little overwhelming - but I think that it's still a fun experience.

Word of advice - don't give out your number.  Also, set up a separate email address for WR things only and give them that one, you will get spammed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I detest them, personally.    I'd say give one a try and see what you think, though.  

• Options
    Tia_ChicaTia_Chica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol! thanks Tiffany. Great advice BSn
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree w/ PP.  No joke, do NOT give your number out no matter what they promise you.  They seem nice up front, but they will stalk you even after you tell them no or not interested. 

I didn't benefit from them, but it was a fun experience w/ my MOH.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ive-never-bridal-show-worth-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7e6bc433-08eb-46f6-9ffe-e3ee156fe10cPost:c35a01f0-27d5-40b4-8aab-d7deb9f8543b">Re: I've never been to a bridal show, is it worth going?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I didn't benefit from them, but it was a fun experience w/ my MOH.
    Posted by krwinningham[/QUOTE]

This.  I got some free magazines and a tote bag, got to see Donnie Brown, and ate alot of free cake.  Those were the highlights.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AMEN Brianna. I gave that advice on a thread earlier this week I think...  It is really overwhelming too. The only vendor I ended up meeting and using was Black Eyed Pea, but I think it was worth it. And the free magazines were nice too :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went and one the door prize which was 50% off all entertainment- DJ, Photographer and Videographer. I only used the DJ but it saved me a ton of money. I just didn't have a good vibe with the photographer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got absolutely nothing out of it when I went, except leaving feeling very overwhelmed. But, some people find them helpful. Most of the vendors there were way out of my price range. 

It was also VERY crowded, and I hate crowds. So I was really ready to get out of there asap. 
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I enjoy them. I LOVE the free mags! I won a free e-session from one too!

avoid royal prestiage, celebrity china and any chain type of vendor.

You can also get coupons from vendors. I saved 25% off when I purchased my bridal belt from them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ive-never-bridal-show-worth-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7e6bc433-08eb-46f6-9ffe-e3ee156fe10cPost:75989cb4-0d07-4f5f-9ce0-79dc8fdb1034">Re: I've never been to a bridal show, is it worth going?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went and one the door prize which was 50% off all entertainment- DJ, Photographer and Videographer. I only used the DJ but it saved me a ton of money. I just didn't have a good vibe with the photographer.
    Posted by marksle84[/QUOTE]

really? Which DJ/Videographer did you win?

I won a similiar package-half off DJ service-major whoo hoo and I am so excited for them, their personalities seem to be great with lots of high energy!! and I also got a discount through videography-another big yay! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards