Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

New and Overwhelmed - Where to start???

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this board and getting married May 7th 2010 but we are not having our formal ceremony and reception until our 1 year anniversary on May 7th 2011.  I am feeling really overwhelmed and have no idea where to even start.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

I look forward to getting to know each of you over the course of the next year.  Hope everyone is having a good day!

Kim

Re: New and Overwhelmed - Where to start???

• edited December 2011

Hello!
    Congratulations and welcome! :)

The first thing that my fiance' and I did was to come up with a budget and determine where we wanted to have our wedding based on our budget. I think securing your venue is important and will help guide you in making the rest of your decisions. The knot has a pretty good checklist that you can also follow from there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  I agree--budget and guest list should be the first priorities.  Then you can determine what size of venue you need and can afford, etc., and then just go from there.  So exciting!  I also recommend TK checklists--very handy. 
  • edited December 2011

Welcome and Congrats. The PP have given some great advice.

You can also buy a couple of wedding magazines and a lot of times they will have a sheet to help create a budget and will have timelines on when to book certain vendors.

Once you have nailed down your budget and guest list and put a deposit down on a venue, then you can start booking other vendors like photographer, dj. florist, etc.  If you need any recommendation here all the ladies can help point you to some great ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards