Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Has anyone had their reception at The Grand Hotel in McKinney

We're thinking of getting married at a little chapel in McKinney and having the reception at The Grand Hotel in McKinney.  The few pictures I've found online look great, but want to make sure they're easy to work with and affordable. 

Or any other thoughts in McKinney?

Re: Has anyone had their reception at The Grand Hotel in McKinney

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it.   It was actually our second choice venue.   The food there is very good, but certainly not cheap.

We went with El Dorado Country Club in McKinney mostly for cost and the convenience of having our ceremony and reception in the same place and we love it!
  • Options
    aphitxaphitx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Chapel at Chestnut Square and having our reception at the Heard Craig Hall.  It's a venue where you bring in your caterer, alcohol (no hard liquor) and the tables and chairs are provided.  I believe their fee was around $1,300, which was waaaaay cheaper than the Grand Hotel.  However, I am using the Grand for our room blocks and I will stay there Friday night before the wedding and we will spend the night there after the reception. 

We are doing our rehersal dinner next door to the Chapel and having it catered. 

Feel free to poke around my bio. 

http://fromcarriagetomarriage.yolasite.com/

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This was our first choice of reception venues, but decided we couldn't afford it.  They require that you use their restaurant at $40/person minimum, which was well above our budget. 

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards