Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

reception pricing proposal

I just got my email pricing proposal for the Hilton Bella Harbor where the quoted me:
*evening food/bev. minimum-$6000
*room rental-$1000- to include setup/teardown fee, cake cutting fee, dance floor, white linens/napkins, china, glassware, silverware, hurricanes w/taper candles or trio of votive candles, and silver chargers
*Wedding reception at hilton includes:
     *complimentary suite for bride/groom on night of wedding
     *complimentary tasting for up to 2 guests
     *Hilton Honor Event Planner Points
     *Reduced room rates
     *Tables both cocktail and round, and chairs

so my question to you ladies is, I have not done much research into the area of venues yet, but I have wanted to have my reception here since they built this hotel out here, is this an average price for a hotel like this, do you think I could talk them down at all?? I need some help!! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: reception pricing proposal

• Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That actually sounds pretty good. Especially if they INCLUDE a cake cutting, dance flore and and event planner. Alot of places around here have those options, but you pay extra for them. The F&B sounds about right, depending on the day, and time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds reasonable based on what I've seen elsewhere.  There might be a price difference if you have your wedding on a Friday or Sunday.

Don't forget they will add tax to the F&B and gratuity when all is said and done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds reasonable to me. 

Have you looked at the food pricing to make sure that a) you will be able to meet the minumum, or more likely, b) you won't be way overbudget with your estimated # of guests?

Like pp said, be sure and add tax and probably 20% gratuity to all food and beverage costs.   It's definitely a chunk of change.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having had a hotel wedding, the F&B minimum is actually low if that is for a Saturday evening (my minimum was twice that).  Everything else they are including is standard (except for the chargers--that is a nice touch).
  • Options
    SBSmith0219SBSmith0219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I looked at all of the proposal information it states many times that the tax and everything is not included in that price, I have a face to face meeting with them on Thursday to talk thinks over and all of that good stuff. She also sent a menu list with every single option they offer as far as sit down meals or carvers and action stations go, and also a list of the different packages they offer and what they all run per person, and with the amount of people we plan on RSVPing I do not think we will have any problem meeting the minimum price for F&B. We are under a time constraint because the big day is May 7th because he is military and after the next 6 months he is active to be deployed, so we were lucky I know to even possibly get in somewhere like this so soon......it is now just coming down to negotiating 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some other things you might want to ask: 
    - Can you have a room to get ready in on Saturday or can you have access to the bridal suite for the day
     - Parking (although I think there is plenty of ample parking for the guests there)
    - Ask if they provide a cake stand for your cake; they may also provide toasting flutes and a server/knife (although we provided our own)
    - Confirm that service charge will cover gratuity
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a really nice price for a hotel, regarding F&B minimum. Mine for a Saturday was $9000.

I would ask if the room fee is negotiable at all - hospitality industry makes their $$ off F&B, not on the room rental. Also, be sure to check for any bartender/carving station attendant fees if you plan to have either. They can get sneaky with those sometimes.

And as much as I hate to suggest this (but I am guilty of it being a military bride too) ask if they offer anything for active service members.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    $6K is a very low--and reasonable minimum for area hotels. I am confused that they want you to meet the minimum AND pay the room rental fee. Typically, hotels only charge the room rental if you don't meet the minumum. If they are saying that the RR fee includes the linen, china, etc., they should not call it a ROOM rental fee. I used to work in banquets in Wichita, KS for the Marriott, and the linen (black or white), napkins, silverware, china, hurricane globes, votives, mirrored centers, cake cutting, dance floor, tables for gifts & DJ, riser and staging for a band, etc. etc. was all included in the service fee/grat. Not just for weddings, but for all functions. I would use this as leverage to negotiate with!! They should require one or the other--not both.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha @FebDallasBride believe me I was already planning on asking that during the meeting on Thursday, I know most people have weddings on a budget but sometimes people dont realize just how tight a military wedding in, our families are thankfully going to help but it is still tight

@stephiehall oh wow thank you for that, I didn't even think to ask about the room for getting read the day of or the cake stand and all that good stuff!!

there is just so much stuff to think about and so little time to do it all it seems, I am pretty sure we are going to have it here no matter what since it is where I have wanted to have my reception since the day they opened, I am the baby of the family and the only girl, so I think I will be able to negotiate getting my way haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a room rental fee at the Melrose.  Although I think they may have waived it--I can't remember. 

I loved having a hotel wedding.  Getting ready there was great, our guests loved it, they provide so much and make it easy for you, it's elegant and fun--lots of advantages.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i will ask them about that when i meet with them on thursday and see what is up with that, and if it is both then why they have it separated that way, I definitely need all of the advice that I can get because I do not want to get talked into doing something or paying for something that is unnecessary 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the actual ceremony at the church that I grew up going to, and then it is only about a 10 minute drive from the church to the hotel, the hotel is right on lake ray hubbard and it is such a beautiful view......I really think that somewhere as well known as the hilton will make the experience a great one not only for me and my fiance but for all of my guests as well.............well hopefully : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I live nearby and get my nails done at the Harbor.  It's very pretty there.  You could have your RD at Blue Canyon maybe!  :) 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent really thought much about the RD, but I have heard a lot of good things about Blue Canyon, my mom went there about a month ago for a women's dinner for her Sunday school class and she said that the food was great. I'll have to add it to my list of things to check out, thank you so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

The minimum sounds good to me but I'm a little surprised that they're going to charge you a room rental fee on top of that.  However, even the $7000 together sounds like a good deal.  Can you get your cake through them?  A lot of times they'll have recommended vendors and their services can apply towards your minimum. 

• Options
    bwasekbwasek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That may be the min. but if you do food and alcohol you will not stay anywhere near that price. A buffet, beer, wine and champage will be min. 11,000 for 150 guest. That was my quote!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards