Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Say Anything Wednesday!

Re: Say Anything Wednesday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to see Hal Sparks last night at the Improv.  He is awesome.  I've always loved him from VH1's Best of the... series.  He is even more cute in person and so funny.  Love him!!!  I might have a new crush.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ;)  I hear that !!!   So, I essentially was demoted last week...and I love it!!!  Same pay, less stress, less-no politics...I am so happy with the move!  Crazy...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only have one more day of work and then I'm off to New Orleans for a long weekend!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We get married in exactly 5 weeks from today!!!

On another note, it really annoys me when people are constantly updating their facebook status with how happy and wonderful and great things are ALL THE TIME. I think to myself, "Who are you trying to convice, and what are you compensating for?" Because when I'm happy, I am happy not having to share it on 74658934 status updates to the entire world.

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e2583b9-0092-41df-8809-6686654ed100Post:a963fd12-0716-452d-83c3-82bdd68f6551">Re: Say Anything Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We get married in exactly 5 weeks from today!!! On another note, it really annoys me when people are constantly updating their facebook status with how happy and wonderful and great things are ALL THE TIME. I think to myself, "Who are you trying to convice, and what are you compensating for?" Because when I'm happy, I am happy not having to share it on 74658934 status updates to the entire world.
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]
     This times 100... so annoying!
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    OMG... it really is 5 weeks.  YAY!!!
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NMac, isn't it crazy that there are only 5 more weeks left??? Eeeek!

And yeah.. it's sad bc I used to know this girl through some friends that actually had a fairly sad life but always wanted to make it appear that she was so happy and living the good life, so she would post things like that on her facebook and random pictures of partying and then force her friends to go on there and comment on her posts/pics for her. She still does it. I feel bad for her...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know, I can't believe it!! I'm SO ready! Well, mentally ready, still have a few more things to do wedding wise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hal Sparks?  Lucky gal!

I told you Monday when we were available.  Twice in fact.  And you said you would call me back that night or the next morning.  Didn't hear from you.  Then I see an email asking when we are available this morning, then you call me asking again.  Seriously?  Good thing we are not going with you anyways.

Someone keeps faxing our main number and I am having no luck in finding out who is doing it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    9 days until my test.  9 days!!  I'm completely freaking out.  I feel like I'm barely being a 'C' student.  I feel like I need to study more to make sure I push myself to pass.  But, the more I study one topic, the less I remember about another.  Stress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e2583b9-0092-41df-8809-6686654ed100Post:89b4c69f-29b8-4998-91a7-bfb8e499897c">Re: Say Anything Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]9 days until my test.  9 days!!  I'm completely freaking out.  I feel like I'm barely being a 'C' student.  I feel like I need to study more to make sure I push myself to pass.  But, the more I study one topic, the less I remember about another.  Stress.
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

What test are you taking?
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck on your test Lacey!

So I really want to go back to San Francisco...even though we were just there last September.  
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cannot believe how much baby stuff costs.  I have a baby shower to go to in a few weeks and I spent $30 on a hooded towel, a wash cloth, and a bib.  I refused to pay $20 for two burp rags and got her a pack from Wal-Mart for $8--she'll thank me later.

Seriously, to outfit an entire nursery must cost as much as some weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does my FI's step dad's cousin's husband's son's  (from his first marriage) girlfriend really need to come to our wedding?
    We have major space issues people... :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, I had to get a pencil and paper out to follow that lineage Soontobe!!!  Anything that involves that much thinking should be a definite no!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Tiffany.  I'm taking the CFP exam - CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER.  It's a 2 day test.  So, I'll do four hours on Friday (next Friday) and then six hours on Saturday.  I'm supposed to study about 300 hours - I've done about 260 or so - I'm getting there.  Just very stressed out!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8e2583b9-0092-41df-8809-6686654ed100Post:2e766c17-9a84-4170-9d21-f283b962cd29">Re: Say Anything Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cannot believe how much baby stuff costs.  I have a baby shower to go to in a few weeks and I spent $30 on a hooded towel, a wash cloth, and a bib.  I refused to pay $20 for two burp rags and got her a pack from Wal-Mart for $8--she'll thank me later. Seriously, to outfit an entire nursery must cost as much as some weddings.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

It can... And its totally ridiculous. We did ours on a budget and I'm in LOVE with our nursery. A nursery that I will hopefully be using SOON!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I went over student loan information for his medical school last night and now I am FREAKING OUT! I also looked at his orientation schedule which is pretty heavy and starts the Monday after our wedding - no Honeymoon stage here!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered new windows before we were engaged, so now we are paying windows down payment AND deposits at the same time, so we are officially broke for the next couple months. :( Boo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think our save the dates might cost more to mail than our actual invites. Oh well, I still love them.
  • Options
    bburks79bburks79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I had to go pick up my FI from work and take him home because he has a touch of food poisoning and because he carpools into work and this wasn't his week to drive he had no way home.  So here I am working from home and I'm on a 2 hour conference call with some dudes that all sound like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite and I'm  having a hard time concentrating on what they are saying.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have applied to 10 new jobs in the last week. If something doesn't come of one of those, I might scream.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't bother me that some of the girls on this board talk about Twilight.  But holy crap, I am getting tired of hearing my 40 year old coworkers gossip about it.  Right now they're talking about which people are pasty in real life, and which ones are only pasty because of makeup.  I don't care!  Do some real work!  Yell
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BanannaP - good luck on your job applications! I know I am at my wit's end of job searching. Luckily, I accepted a job offer last month (it just isn't starting for another week yet). But it was an entire year of searching for me.

Weirdly, I heard nothing for an entire year, and then got four interviews (and two resulting offers) in the same week last month. I've even gotten a few calls since then. Nothing changed for me or my resume, so I can only assume that employers started hiring again (finally) in the last few weeks. Hope you get some calls soon, too.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Marie! I've been searching for almost a year and a half. Luckily, I have part time work for now, and I did have a temporary position last fall, but I'm getting sick of it. I am in a very specialized field, and in the last couple of weeks I've come to terms with the fact that I need to broaden my search even though it means compromising slightly on my desired career, because I just really need a job at this point! :)

Edit: Oh, and congratulations to you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, I'm sorry that you've been searching so long too! My field was sort of specialized too - it only requires a college degree, but that there aren't very many jobs in that field anywhere, and I was somewhere between entry-level and experienced (5 years in the field) which made me not a good fit at most companies. But mostly, I just never got a single call from anyone for a year. Ever. I don't know where my resume was going, but it was not ending up in people's hands. Even when I tried networking, it didn't seem to help.

I ended up moving here to be with my FI in the middle of the year (giving up my good job in the process), so I'm on month 7 of being totally unemployed. I started applying for any job I could find out of desperation - I tried every temp agency in town, receptionist jobs, etc - last month. Weirdly enough, the one job I applied for in my field during that time called me and I got the job.

I know how you feel on just being ready for ANY job. Total desperation worked for me, hopefully it will for you too.

If you're looking for a temp agency - AppleOne is the only temp agency in DFW that would even give me the time of day, and they found me a full-time, permanent (not temp!) office job in less than two weeks. I totally would have taken it, but I got the job offer in my field at the exact same time so I kinda had to take that instead. But I totally recommend AppleOne. It was so nice to have a little help in what can be a really sucky process. I didn't pay a dime and they didn't end up making any commission/placement money on me at all, but they were classy through it all.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips! My field is music librarianship, and there just aren't many jobs to go around, period. For example, there are currently 11 open jobs in the entire country. Two are part time and four of them I don't have enough experience for, so I'm left with five jobs that are possibilities for me. So I've recently started applying for jobs in libraries that aren't music libraries, but there aren't a ton of those, either. Because I am working part-time in a music library, I'm not *quite* to the point of wanting just anything. But give me another month or so, and I'll be there. And I'll keep AppleOne in mind for when I am!
  • Options
    LizcatLizcat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I went to mail the invites, the stamp itself put them over the 2oz limit so ended up having to put $1.22 on them instead of $1.05 which I had been planning!  If they weren't sealed I would have taken one of the pieces of tissue out so save the 17 cents at this point!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh, okay, I remember you posting about looking for jobs in that area before. Well, just the fact that you found 10 jobs to apply to is good. I probably averaged applying to 3 jobs a month at times ... and I was lucky if any of them were anywhere near my field.
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used AppleOne and had a job the same week.  It was temp-to-perm and I stayed there 6 months until I finally found a good entry-level type job at a Fortune 500 company.  They were great to work with and knock on wood, should I ever be in that position again, I wouldn't hestitate to call them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards