Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Oh Hai Guys...

Dude.  The most frustrating thing ever.  It's going to take me a long time to get used to this dang tv and how long it takes to load everything.

I'm crossing my fingers that eventually they'll fix the bug that won't let people with an "&" in their screenname log in.  So now I have to start from scratch and look like a noob.  I don't want to lose my long and hard 2+ years of knotting points.

Other than that, how's it going?  Everyone getting used to the new boards? 

Re: Oh Hai Guys...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah, right click on TEXAS-DALLAS AND FT> WORTH above in green and open in a new window or tab and it will get rid of the TV.. then just bookmark that
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, much better Laughing  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just saw the email response about the & bug... I hope they fix it fast because I don't like using this screen name :(
  • Options
    shananaginsshananagins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That gets rid of the TV, but everything still loads sooooooo slow!!  Mariah, do you know if they are working on that?  The nest isn't this slow. . .
    imagemy read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they're working on it.  But the Nest also doesn't have a little TV or all the interactive ad's they're putting on the Knot.  I think it will get better.  Honestly, the boards are working a lot better than I thought they would for just rolling out the new design yesterday.  I was honestly expecting about a week or two of Server Errors or "experiencing knot difficulty"/ "busy boards". 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat. I was knot deprived yesturday. Now once again I look like I do nothing but kissing. Innocent hehe

Lauren I tried to respond on your post earlier but it will not allow me to type on my phone anymore (hopefully that wil get fixed to). I sent them an email last night and had a response to post on there.

Today was the longest day at work without the knot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome back. I will say that it's better today than it was yesterday. Yesterday I was getting tons of errors and really slow loads. I've only had a couple today and the threads only disappeared on me once. I miss the simplicity of the old look though.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I miss the simplicity too!!  Ugh.  I liked having nothing but the threads and no ad's.  It's a little frustrating that on the side of my screen I always have to see the ad's for the Knot store. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah I sent you a "mercy" private message for help last night... lol

I miss the simple look and I hate the Knot TV and for some reason the right click to get it to go away won;'t work it keeps coming up with server error.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the most annoying thing for me at this point is that I can't access my checklist! It just. won't. load. I'm trying to plan a wedding! Sheesh!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey girls!

Mariah, your little picture with swooping hair and flower bow makes me laugh.

I'm not happy about the new layout at all. It makes using the page from an iPhone very difficult and not worth doing.

• Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back. I would have told you this when you posted hours ago, but the knot decided that the box where I write my responses should be about a pixel wide and that the "add post" button didn't need to work any more.

Other than that, and an error message every 10 minutes or so it's not too bad. I hate it, but it's not too bad. 
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I keep getting error messages and I hate all the ads on the side from theknot store. It makes me want to shop when I have no money.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate it.  I hate the cheesy TV, the ads, the way it loads, everything. I doubt I will be on much now because of it--I simply don't have the time to wait for it to load. Unless it's much better on my work computer. Even on Ben's speedy laptop it takes forever.  I'm glad my planning is done!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi,
    I tried to look at the Knot yesterday at Borders and gave up after 15 minutes.  Enough was enough.
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that it's being obnoxiously slow, even though I opened the board in a new tab, getting rid of the tv and interactive ads.  I'm trying to catch up on a week's worth of posts here and it's taking forever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mcassidy88mcassidy88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi--can you use the tapatalk app with this board?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards