Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Hostess Gifts

Hey Ladies,
    I was just wondering if yall had any good ideas for shower hostess gifts. Four of my FMIL best friends are throwing me a shower, and I am kind of at a loss... I know I have seen this question asked before but thought maybe yall had new ideas or new brides could post what they have done. Thanks!

Re: Hostess Gifts

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here--MIL's friends threw my shower too.

I got mine a box of Godiva Truffles, a chocolate scented candle, and a mini-bottle of champagne (that was our wedding favor and I had some already made so I just threw them in.)  My shower was at The Chocolate Angel so I did sort of a chocolate theme.

Alot of girls do the whole shower/body basket with soap, lotions, etc.  I like that idea too.

I don't know about you but I had never met my hostesses until my shower so it was hard to know what to get.  You can ask your MIL too what they might like.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the following things for the 2 showers:

1) a shower/lotion basket that says "I hope your shower is just as good as mine!"

2) fancy olive oil/balsamic vinaigrette pair with a card that says "I appreciate 'olive' your efforts to throw me such a fabulous shower!"

It's very geeky, I know.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Tuesday Morning and got some crystal candy dishes, along with some Wiliams Sonoma lotion and soap caddies. One of my out of town showers, I sent a bouquet of flowers along with the candy dishes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got an monogrammed travel mug from Bed, Bath & Beyond with a $10 Starbucks gift card inside.

I also bought some aromatherapy pillow mist and candle from Bath & Body Works.
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put together a basket with cookie mix, cookie cutters, frosting, sprinkles, a whisk and a spatula. But I knew my hostesses, so I knew it was something they'd like. 
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards