Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

AW Thursday

Re: AW Thursday

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, actually, now that you mention it...

I have a phone interview tomorrow morning for a job in Philadelphia. I'm very excited about it, I wish it was today. This will be my 6th phone interview in the last year, but it's the first time I'll be able to say that I'm the best person for the job and actually mean it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to introduce everyone to the new addition to the Abbott family. This is Ollie. He'll be coming home on Feb. 13th and we couldn't be happier to have him!! :-)

ISN'T HE SO CUTE?!?!?!?! I am in love!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I AW others?

Thank you Tiffany for mentioning The Big Bang Theory season 1& 2 on DVD...I should be getting them tomorrow!

Steph01355 (I know I got the numbers wrong)...your kitchen is amazing!  I just saw pics on your blog.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Soo super cute! 

We might be having a new addition to our family, too!  I'm going to cross my fingers.  These little guys are adorable and I really hope we're able to get one.  I don't have a picture-but they're golden retriever/labrador mixes and they're the cutest things!  We'd get a boy and we're going to name him Dexter after our favorite TV serial killer :)
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to be getting rid of a pair of pants because they are now two sizes too big.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yay, Julie! That's the best feeling :)

• Options
    edited December 2011

shortgirl-  Awesome, glad you got the deal too!  We didn't see any of the first two seasons so I'm super excited. They will be all new to us. =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bananna - awesome!!  Good luck.

bdette - super, super cute!  I'm so glad that the name Ollie won!  Ha.

mariah - yay, dogs are fun (love Dexter!)

julie- congrats - that's great!

not much over here - FI asked me last night if there was something that came after the knot.  I said - yeah, the nest, why?  He said b/c you are always on the knot chat and I was wondering if you will still be able to chat after the wedding - b/c he says I like it so much.  Awe.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie- Congrats!! I bet that feels great!!

bdette- He is soooo cute!!! Love their eyes!

Mariah- Dexter is a great name!

No news here. We can't decide on a font for our invitations through American Wedding. They have too many to pick from and i'm not good at making decisions in the first place, haha. But, we HAVE to order them this week; we're already late getting them out.

I think I need another rec. for a make-up/hair artist that travels. I have contacted one recommended but have not heard back after the first reply. I'm really disappointed too because I really liked her and was hoping it would work out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I finished printing and assembling our invitations and I love them!  That's all I've got.  =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany-  I never thought in a million years I would like BBT... but I have not laughed so hard in years since we started watching it this year.

amb- Fonts ARE hard to choose from! 

Yay for the dogs, weight loss and phone interview.

My AW is that I haven't hurt any students thus far so yay for holding back and our boss is making us take a mental health day since this semester has been so horrible so I will be at home tomorrow.  I bought the 1st season of LOST for DH as his V-Day present.  Although I was lazy as heck last night, I did do the laundry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to everyone's AW!

Julie - throw those pants away and NEVER look back! :)

Mine...

Well, I am officially a business owner! My best friend from law school and I have opened up our own firm. It is a super scary thought, but we're already crazy busy. I have never felt more like an adult that I have this week.

We have a meeting with our realtor tomorrow afternoon to look at a few homes. It is still in the early stages, but I'm excited to get the process started. I LOVE looking at houses.
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got a job! Only thing is that it is a 40 min drive each way with no traffic. Oh well, I"m happy to be making money!

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and thanks to everyone!

Yesterday, I was literally who the Pants on the Ground guy was talking about. 

I thought I would buy my brother two tickets to see A&M play KU on Presidents' Day to say thank you for being so great in caring for my parents.  He won't text me back!!!!  Emi, I doubt we'll win but I always went to the KU game when I was at A&M in order to see real basketball players.  :-)  The teams were so terrible when I was there.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie,

How much are tickets? I would love to go and/or send Jeff (maybe even a bigger KU fan and he didn't even go there). Yes, unfortunately A&M has always been notoriously bad at bball, but KU has just always been really, really good. It is nice to be ranked #1 again! Woo!

Let me know! Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations tnickel06 on your job!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards