Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Northpark Presbyterian Church & Times Ten Cellars

New to the board, having a Fall 2011 wedding, exact date negotiable :)

Would like to have a church wedding, we are trying out different Presbyterian churches in the dallas area and thinking reception at Times Ten Cellars. Any comments/suggestions?  Second option may be Maple Manor Hotel for ceremony and reception.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Re: Northpark Presbyterian Church & Times Ten Cellars

• edited December 2011
    You are having a Fall 2010 wedding or a Fall 2011 wedding?
  • kelleyjoneskelleyjones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fall 2011...oops.
  • edited December 2011

I looked at Maple Manor and their set up was a turn off to me. While the bar and dancefloor are set up in one room, their dining area was in a completely different part of the venue. For my group of 150 expected guests, I just don't think the coordinator understood my vision of how I preferred the night to flow.

Also, if you are looking to do both ceremony AND reception there, they do the ceremonies out in the courtyard (which me having a Feb wedding, was not ideal.) It didn't seem like there was a very decent option for an indoor ceremony without having VERY awkward seating - I'd keep that in mind in case fall weather wreaks haoc on your day.

How large is your guest list? I think it could definitely work for a group of 100 or less...

~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_northpark-presbyterian-church-times-ten-cellars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9d50e34f-b364-4b60-a4a5-32a6a838ed52Post:b2fbe26a-3f2d-483b-b9ff-15497511a87e">Re: Northpark Presbyterian Church & Times Ten Cellars</a>:
    [QUOTE]I <strong>looked at Maple Manor and their set up was a turn off to me</strong>. While the bar and dancefloor are set up in one room, their dining area was in a completely different part of the venue. For my group of 150 expected guests,<strong> I just don't think the coordinator understood my vision of how I preferred the night to flow</strong>. Also, if you are looking to do both ceremony AND reception there, they do the ceremonies out in the courtyard (which me having a Feb wedding, was not ideal.) It didn't seem like there was a very decent option for an indoor ceremony without having <strong>VERY awkward seating</strong> - I'd keep that in mind in case fall weather wreaks haoc on your day. How large is your guest list? I think it could definitely work for a group of 100 or less...
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]
    Ditto!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards