Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

It's all been done...and we're married!

The ceremony was beautiful, and despite a bad catering situation, the reception went well.

I'll have detailed vendor reviews later, but my photographer, Jessica Mooney, was phenomenal, Adam Kegg was perfect, and Melody of Melodies and Memories simply saved the day--she is incredible.

Long story short, neither the caterer nor the bartender we planned everything with was there--so it was basically assistants running the wedding. Apparently the caterer had another event??? and the bartender's daughter was in the hospital and understandably had to be with her.I'm still finding things out, but a lot of my details I worked so hard on were either overlooked or only set up because my family got there early and got everything ready. Also, they ran out of food and some people didn't get to eat (and they told the guests we didn't give them the right head count despite the fact we overestimated and people didn't show up!) Also, some of the food was also very bad quality. Anyway, more to come later, but  luckily Melody stepped in and fixed ALOT of stuff (without her, we wouldn't have eaten) and my family kept most of the drama away from me for the night.

Otherwise, the dance floor was full during the whole night and we had a blast!

Re: It's all been done...and we're married!

• Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! Im sorry to hear that happened....thank goodness you had a great vendor in melody :)

Im sure everything was still BEAUTIFUL! Cant wait for pics :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats and sorry to hear about the bad vendors but it was awesome you had what sounds like amazing family and other vendors to straighten it out.  Cant wait to see pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea!! That sucks about the vendor, but I'm glad it still went well!! Congrats!
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bootsie12Bootsie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you enjoyed your wedding day, despite having difficulties with some vendors. Congrats and have a good honeymoon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Hope the honeymoon is magical :)
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! Congratulations! I'm so excited to see pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about the vendor issues, but CONGRATS!!!  Can't wait to see pics.
    Photobucket I finally married the love of my life! Planning Bio: Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Marissa.  I'm really sorry to hear about the problem with the caterer but glad everything else worked out.

PS I can't wait to see pics
  • Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Sorry to hear about the bad vendors but I am glad Melody was great for you.. she was one of my best vendors as well!

• Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get to tell you beforehand, but congratulations!!! I'm sorry things went wrong, but as you said, you're married! Enjoy it. From here on out, time just flies :)
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no Marissa, I'm sorry.  Well, I'm glad Melody stepped up.  Think no more about it and enjoy your honeymoon with your HUSBAND!! :)

Oh, and I can't wait to see pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  I'm so sorry to hear about the vendor, but I bet it was beautiful and I can't wait to see pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww, sorry about the bad vendor, but CONGRATS on the being Married! :)
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes! Thank goodness for family and good vendors! Have a blast in HI, I can't wait to hear more once you get back!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heh, I've seen pics on FB. :)   Everything looked wonderful!  I'm sorry it wasn't perfect but hey, you're married and off to Hawaii and that's all that matters!  Glad to hear that Melody was such a big help.  Another reason to choose great vendors--it can make all the difference in the world! 

Have a wonderful HM married lady!
  • Options
    Kpetty1010Kpetty1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh no sorry about the bad vendors, but CONGRATS!!!!! cant wait to see pictures i bet everything was beautiful!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh no :(
    sorry to hear about the food.
    congrats and have a fun and save honeymoon!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, that stinks about the caterer, but CONGRATS you're married!  Have a blast in Hawaii!!
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Happy honeymoon!  Congratulations!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, Marissa! I'm so happy for you! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Sorry to hear about the troubles with your vendors but I'm glad you had a great time and have a blast on your honeymoon!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations! Sorry about the caterer....I hope you can get some money back on that one :\ . From what I've seen though, it looked like a great time-- can't wait to see more! Have fun in Hawaii!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about the 2 vendor issues, but I'm glad it didn't end up ruining your night. Have fun on your honeymoon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry it didn't go as perfectly as you would have liked but you're married now and hopefully you will reach the point in the future where you can laugh at some things.

In the meantime, forget about it and soak up some sun in Hawaii married lady!
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry about the caterer, but I'm glad others were able to come through for you. I hope you have a blast on your honeymoon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that some things didn't go right but yay! for being married!! :)
    Congrats! Can't wait to see pics. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about the caterer, glad Melody was able to help out.  She was great at our wedding, too!

Enjoy Hawaii!  Can't wait to see beautiful pictures :)
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aw Marissa, I can relate to a lot of what happend with you but it's so great to hear that everyone had a fantastic time. It goes to show you, not everything we plan has to be perfect in order for us to have the day of our lives.  Have fun in Hawaii and soak up every moment of your new marriage. it's so exciting!!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! (yes, I snuck on here while Jay is sleeping... :)
  • Options
    bburks79bburks79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy that you like Jessica.  We are using her for our wedding since our photographer that we used for our engagements is preggo.  She recommended Jessica so I'm so happy to hear someone else on here liked her!  Don't fret too much on the mishaps that happened, it happens at every wedding.  If your guests danced and had a good time then no one is the wiser.  Congrats!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards