Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

TTD Session

I was over on weddingbee.com, and I came across a post about this TTD session: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/trash-the-dressdoes-this-one-go-too-far

What do you ladies think about it?  I know I could never do something like that to my dress, mostly because it seems...weird?  I don't know how to describe it.  It just seems odd to burn something that's supposed to symbolize something so special to you.  Anyways, what are your thoughts?

Re: TTD Session

• Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If those are the best shots they got, what a let down.

I could never burn my dress though. I want to do a TTD but still haven't decided if I'm going to use my dress or buy a sample dress for $100 bucks and use that. Mine is REALLY heavy...and so pretty! Not sure if someone would even want to buy it because it is so...unique(even though it's not because obviously people are buying it if Alfred Angelo is still selling it).
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Terrible. I think that whole shoot is gross-looking. I'm not into having smoking-cigs-in-a-junkyard-while-my-husband-drinks-straight-from-the-bottle-until-we-both-pass-out-and-feel-the-need-to-burn-that-sucka photos.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, I kinda like it. I don't think I want to do any TTD, unless FI wants to take some for fun. I do have some cool ideas, but we'll see how I feel once I actually have a dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like TTD sessions like these border between art and complete selfishness. It seems a little silly to do this, but then again, it is different. It would look way cooler if she wasn't wearing a wedding dress.
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you guys go to the photogs actual website?  Some of the pictues look good but, there is one picture where she is holding a gun to his neck!!! Surprised
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is just weird to me.....I think some TTD pics are really cool but these are just trashy.....I wouldn't want a picture of me in my black bra and panties with my wedding dress burning in a trash can behind me hanging on my wall....but that's just me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Lindsay. I think it looks (for the lack of a better word...) trashy.
  • Options
    lisahbklisahbk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is AWESOME! I wish i didn't already preserve my dress so I could do something like this! My dress will be in the attic for 30 years...i would much rather have a cool video/pictures to have forever.  I also love the creativity from the photographer and the video guy.  I don't know why everyone trashes the "Trash the Dress", the name is in the title, but no one does it.  So why do it in the first place??  People shouldn't criticize unless you know the individuals in the shoot.  They could be great people just ACTING like this for fun.  I give them a lot of credit for doing something on the edge. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards