Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday

After sleeping in for six days straight, this morning was a little on the rough side.  However, I'm glad I'm here now, seeing the kids again.  Of course, there's always Wednesday.....Undecided

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Julie on the sleeping thing. I've loved being able to sleep in, and I was not happy to wake up today. I'm going to miss all the QT I had with DH last week. But, I'm thankful I got it at all! This week is just going to suck, going back to reality.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was a little on the rough side.  When the alarm went off, I asked DH "Is it really time already?"  Back to the grindstone (and a regular over the shoulder boulder holder).

GMIL is now home.  DH called her house yesterday and *someone* told him she wasn't accepting phone calls.  Seriously?  He's her grandson for crying out loud.  Hopefully BIL will smuggle his phone in for DH to talk to her.

Why is it that some DMN lack half of their sections?  I want my comics dangit. 

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am glad the super bowl is done already but I feel bad for those people who spent tons of money and didn't get to see the game in their seats. Shame on jerry jones!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have so much work but I don't want to get started. blah!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a Monday, but sorry I'm happy to be at work. I also felt like there were a ton of people on the road this morning in Arlington, Superbowl leftovers? Just glad they didn't make me late, though, I did cut it close.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shortgirl,
    Do you get a paper copy of it?  I know that they are charging now for quite a bit of their online content which means I'm done.  I also remember several years ago that they went through a voting process on which comics to keep and which should go.  Did they have that going on again?

Amanda,
    Sadly, I didn't bring anything home.  Thankfully, progress report grades aren't due for another week and I have an aide. 

I know  that I would not have bought annual passes to a certain place in FL last week if I hadn't bored out of my mind and started looking at how much we were spending in tickets on the planned vacation time. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b4ab7cd0-7c98-4068-a1c5-444d10e2d567Post:4075c7ac-7973-4f4c-b32a-c1ce09bd40e9">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Julie, My kids were SUPPOSED to have review on Tuesday, so I needed to get things graded to give back to them! Also, <strong>My curriculum coordinator</strong> emailed me twice over the icepocalypse complaining that my profile on My Learning Plan was not up to date and I had not checked off what subjects I teach.  I was frustrated for two reasons.  One, I can't do anything about it from home.  Two, I AM UP TO DATE.  I've just checked that I teach Honors Biology (which is what I teach) instead of "Biology" and she wants to be able to only have to pull up one list.  Grrrrr.
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]
    Don't even get me started on mine!  I haven't seen her all year around and I think I've gotten two emails from her all year long and they were mass cross campus/cross district emails.  Plus, at least one of the emails was about information we gave her at the beginning of the year and nothing has changed.  Mine is completely worthless for us.  I try to cut her some slack because she's also ESL but we don't even get her scraps at this point.  It's frustrating.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well it's Monday and I agree with y'all... it was nice to sleep in all week!  Back to the grind!  My B&M is I ran out of my stomach meds and all the super bowl food has caught up to me.  YUCK
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was listening to a news story about the people that bought tickets but didn't actually get their seats and that was on the NFL, not Jerry Jones.  Even if it was a triple refund of the face value, they might not have paid face value and that does not include their flight and hotel and everything else they forked money over for.

Julie- The only sections in the paper I got were the front page, a Super Bowl insert and the Sports section.  The entire GuideLive section is missing on average once per week for me- and it's not the same day every week either.  I just find it odd and frustrating because the stack of DMN are gone by the time I get to work, and today I was able to snag one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really feel sorry for them either.  Apparently, the Arlington Fire Marshall is a big stickler for safety (for good reason!).  Would they rather be dead in a pile or out some money?  However, I wouldn't have been in that situation:  I wouldn't have gone unless I was going to be close enough to actually see the action.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b4ab7cd0-7c98-4068-a1c5-444d10e2d567Post:46680da9-6f71-4563-a6f0-4e57be807c93">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : I don't feel bad because they got a TRIPLE refund or BETTER seats.
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats true but not everybody did plus I am sure it was disappointing. Paying for airfare, hotel, transportation, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never really participate in FFF but I have one....guess I should bite my tongue until than!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so behind and really not in the mood for work today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some one said there were people on the news who didn't get anything! No refund and weren't offered different seats for being put out of theirs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Everything is great in my world, no major B&M for me.

One minor one:

If I see/hear that Justin Bieber "Never Say Never" trailer one more time my television or radio is likely to get hurt.   It's been stuck in my head since Saturday.

• Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes DH drives me nuts, and it's these really small things that he has done forever, and I am just really annoyed by them lately.  I'm talking really small.  We have two trashcans, side by side, one for regular trash, one for recycling.  We've been doing this for 2 years.  He still disregards them, and just throws whatever he wants in either one.  I'm so particular that I move it to the correct one.  Last week, I was like, THIS and THIS are recyclable, every time I'd move it.  I finally gave him a breakdown of all the recyclable things, and he was like, Man it would have been nice if I'd known that all this time.  So I apologized for always getting annoyed but never explaining it to him.  And then, the next day, he was back to disregarding it again!  It's just little things like that that have me very irritable toward him lately... and I know I should just get over it, but it was bad enough that I dreamed about being annoyed at him last night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard the samething. They said most of them didn't pay face value for their tickets. But despite getting triple the amount back, you still didn't get to see the game like you planned on it. Someone said they didn't get offered a seat until almost the end of the 3rd quarter. I would have been so mad!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can't control what scalpers do and the NFL is only really going to hold themselves responsible for two issues:  fake tickets (if even then) or no room at the game. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Julie.   If you buy your tickets from a scalper, then that is the risk you take. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Angie, our DH's are similar.  I've just gotten to the point where I just move whatever in the trash can to the recyle bin myself if I see it.  Sometimes I will say something, sometimes I won't.  I deal with this at work: people will throw their mail in the trash instead of the recycle bin on their way out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b4ab7cd0-7c98-4068-a1c5-444d10e2d567Post:37427520-aa80-4c3c-9269-1a07b7ec41fa">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto Julie.   If you buy your tickets from a scalper, then that is the risk you take. 
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

<div>From what I was watching on the news it didn't look like these people bought from scalpers, they bought the added seats that were then deemed unsafe and had the black covers over during the game..</div>
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This morning, I picked Cadence up to carry her out to the car... I was walking along, she was singing away... and I stepped on a patch of ice and BAM, we hit the ground. 

I tried to save the fall, bloodied both elbows and knees, and she still managed to hit her head against the concrete.  I scooped her up and immediately called the doctor.

THANK GOD she is okay, but I'm already over today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b4ab7cd0-7c98-4068-a1c5-444d10e2d567Post:33e32faa-4539-4ee7-a112-33e924b1b437">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]This morning, I picked Cadence up to carry her out to the car... I was walking along, she was singing away... and I stepped on a patch of ice and BAM, we hit the ground.  I tried to save the fall, bloodied both elbows and knees, and she still managed to hit her head against the concrete.  I scooped her up and immediately called the doctor. THANK GOD she is okay, but I'm already over today.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

<div>That is scary! I'm glad you are both ok!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brianna - Oh my gosh, how scary!  I'm glad you are both okay!

Lauren - Ok, I didn't know.   Well if they bought them directly from the authorized source then they should have paid face value and will have legal recourse if they don't get a refund.  I'd think, anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b4ab7cd0-7c98-4068-a1c5-444d10e2d567Post:33e32faa-4539-4ee7-a112-33e924b1b437">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]This morning, I picked Cadence up to carry her out to the car... I was walking along, she was singing away... and I stepped on a patch of ice and BAM, we hit the ground.  I tried to save the fall, bloodied both elbows and knees, and she still managed to hit her head against the concrete.  I scooped her up and immediately called the doctor. THANK GOD she is okay, but I'm already over today.

Oh no!!! I am glad both of you are ok!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b4ab7cd0-7c98-4068-a1c5-444d10e2d567Post:33e32faa-4539-4ee7-a112-33e924b1b437">Re: B&M Monday</a>:

Oh no Brianna!  I am so sorry.  I am glad you are both okay, though.  I can imagine how scary that was.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand how somebody would pay more than face value but I guess they really wanted to see the game. I would be worried that they are fake or scam.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a few and one is more for FFF but it really made me mad yesterday.

I have had a headache for about 2 days now.  It's super annoying and affecting my sleep.  I have to drive to Arkansas next Tuesday and it will be a 16 hour day.  Not looking forward to that but at least I get to go Tuesday instead of Monday and missing DH's b-day.

Now for my big one...one of DH's best friends is having a destination wedding.  He really wanted DH to be a GM but we just can't justify $4000 right now to go.  Well last night I was talking to the FI and she was saying that she is so happy she has at least 10 rooms booked because she gets all this free stuff now.  The 10 rooms that are booked were paid for by whoever booked them and just for the rooms it's $1700 for 4 nights.  She is happy because that means that their 30 min ceremony, a cocktail reception, and welcome dinner are now all free to her.  IMO she is asking her guest to pay for her wedding. 

This really pissed me off.  She wanted us to pay $4000 to go to her wedding.  It just seems so selfish and rude to me.  She was talking about it and telling us all the free stuff she was getting because people booked their rooms.  I can't even count how many times I heard her say, "all I care about is that 10 rooms were booked so we get all this free stuff."   She even said that if 5 more rooms are booked they get their's free.  Wow glad everyone is paying for your wedding!

To make it worse she also said that because of how expensive everything is none of her FI's "loser" friends can afford to come.  Um sweetie you are talking about my DH and all of our GM who were at the house last night and heard her.  She is so annoying and rude!   Her FI didn't say anything to her about shutting up or stop talking about his friends etc.  Just fed up with it all and I'm glad we aren't going now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, I know I've B&M-ed this a little before (so flame me if you must) - but my car situation continues... after breaking down last Monday, then the "icepocalypse" (or "snowpocalypse" - depending who you ask) kept the shop from getting to look at it last week...
    I was relieved to finally have news this weekend... and the repair cost at the dealership is the same as buying an affordable used car.
    The reason I drive this car is because it's paid for, I don't work full time and FI has a car note... (oh, and it's a rare/bad ass car - which doesn't help the repair costs)
    SO - today, I have the joy of researching moving it to a different (cheaper) shop.  I'll still have to pay the dealership for all the diagnostic work, then have someone help me move/tow the car to the other shop (because it is NOT drive-able).  Oh, then figure out how to pay for said repairs...

On a more generic B&M note: Yeah, I probably should have done more homework on all those ice days...now, to play catch up!
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies - it was super scary.  That sound will haunt me forever.  :(

We sat around, had some breakfast, watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and just monitered.  Now she's at pre-school and I hate it.  I wish I could have stay home with her today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards