Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

For sale: Elegant ivory A-line wedding dress with beaded bodice $300 (other offers to be considered)

Need to $$ for my sick cat :( so I'm selling my dress. I think it's beautiful, but let's face it, when will I wear it again?

I purchased this dress new last fall. It has been cleaned and is in excellent condition. (Non-smoker; stored in a smoke-free home.) One of the things I love about this dress is the taffeta material of the skirt has a natural wrinkled look, so the dress holds up well in travel.

Style: Casablanca Style 1841 in ivory. Retails for $750.

Description: "Beaded bodice with a low 'V' shaped neckline on both the front and back of the bodice. The A-line skirt has a court length train. Taffeta material."

Size: It was a size 14, but wedding dresses run small and it has been altered in the shoulders, waist and hips. My measurements at the time were 38" shoulders, 37" bust, 29 1/2" waist, 41" hips. In Misses clothing I wore a size 8/10 pants and size 8/10 or medium shirt/jacket.

Length: I'm 5'5" and wore 1 1/2" to 2" heels, but the dress was still long and would fit for someone a bit taller or with higher heels. I didn't take it up in the length at all.

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/gretchen1996/WeddingItems# (the # sign is part of the web address).

Price: Asking for $300 plus shipping (local brides can pick it up if they like). But I will consider other offers.

SMOKE-FREE HOME

Re: For sale: Elegant ivory A-line wedding dress with beaded bodice $300 (other offers to be considered)

• Options
    bburks79bburks79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry about your sick kitty!!  I was actually just wondering where you got your dressed cleaned at?  I'm trying to find a good place to take my dress before I have it altered.  Thanks!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    gperrenotgperrenot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had it cleaned a local dry cleaners that I use for all my clothes. You might wait to have it cleaned after it's altered -- just in case it gets dirty during that process. It's very expensive to clean these dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just thinking you may want to list the dress here http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/.

Looks like a good place to reach a big audience. Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards