Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday

I have nothing to complain about today. My new girl starts this morning so I will be stuck in training for the day.

Let it out, ladies.
~DFWs Resident Snark~
I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I survived (and did well) at my drill weekend - however, in just a few weeks, I'll have a similar drill weekend just 2 days before my wedding ceremony... and I am COVERED in bruises :(
    Read that a combo of vitamin C, vitamin K, zinc and maybe a little iron could help prevent bruising... guess I'll be hitting up the vitamin aisle this week!  I DO NOT want to have to slather my body in bruise cover-up makeup for my wedding...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Diana - Sorry to hear that!

I don't have much expect it's Monday! Where did the weekend go?
    I think the stress of the wedding is getting to FI and I. We've been bickering a little, nothing big, but it's annoying and I need it to end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Diana -- ouch, bruises are no fun. During our honeymoon, it seemed like every time I turned around, I was banging into something. I came home looking like I'd been in a fight.

My B&M -- I spent all Saturday cleaning and filing paperwork, then Sunday writing thank you notes and putting away wedding gifts. I'm still not 100% done with either task, and I'm tired. (And yes, I feel bad complaining about anything to do with people very generously giving us gifts. But really, I'm just complaining about the fact that I procrastinated this much so now I have to rush to do the rest).
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quick hello and congratulations to you all for surviving the rapture!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Deepthi, just keep telling yourself the stress of a wedding is minor compared to the awesomeness of your marriage.  =)  I really hope you guys don't have anymore speedbumps.  Just a few more weeks!

I don't guess I have anything to complain about. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:a62f77cb-d4a8-4c69-ac8e-7166e4cadf09">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE] I think the stress of the wedding is getting to FI and I. We've been bickering a little, nothing big, but it's annoying and I need it to end.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I griped at DH the day before the wedding ... luckily, he just ignored it so we didn't get to the bickering stage. It's normal because you're so tense and stressed ... but maybe a nice date night without wedding talk would help. Or, my personal favorite, was when we'd speculate/talk about being husband/wife ... trips we'd take once we were married ... what we thought our honeymoon location would be like (note: just daydreaming, NOT planning it out. At that point, we couldn't plan another thing, even the honeymoon!)
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have nothing to complain about after seeing the damage done in Joplin, MO.  My heart goes out to those people.  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:200bcda7-bb57-4827-b5e8-82bcde4f9236">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have nothing to complain about after seeing the damage done in Joplin, MO.  My heart goes out to those people.  :(
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Oh my! I was busy yesterday I didn't even see this! How sad.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Whomp, whomp, whomp.

Sorry for killing the mood... continue on ladies!
  • Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I just read the article... I feel so bad for everyone affected. I couldn't imagine what they must be going through. A friend of mine on facebook posted whether anyone had seen "name of person" as her husband hasn't seen or heard from her and she was in Joplin. Very sad situation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

So sad!

Can anyone tell me what happened to the weekend?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have family in Joplin. I know they are OK, and I didn't even know how bad it was until today. I'll be reading the news articles to catch up starting right ... now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just posted a long-ish post on this topic. But one of my SIL's (FI's sister) is now asking if she can bring her husband to our wedding - the husband who she is divorcing and basically made us hate over the last 5 months. AAAGGHH. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI's entire family, with the exception of his son, lives in Springfield, MO which is a stone's throw from Joplin.  Thank goodness all of them are okay.  A majority of my friends and family live in Alabama and Georgia.  I thank goodness that they are all okay from the storms that ravaged that area a few weeks ago.  We have been blessed in that those that we love are safe from the horrible weather tearing through the southeast.

Therefore, I have nothing to complain about today and everything to be grateful for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just want to B&M that this weather may postpone my meeting with Expressions of Decor.  Otherwise, all I can think about = the poor folks from Joplin.
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:a86dc367-32ff-4c38-bc5c-84ddbfc66517">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So sad! <strong>Can anyone tell me what happened to the weekend?</strong>
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

<div>It ran away. Now, it's laughing at us because it's already Monday!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>My only complaint, is this girl from my job, she's so annoying and always double checking everything I do, and She's not my supervisor or anything. It makes me want to scream. Espically when today, I was leaning against a table thing, asking my Dad for clarification on something he wanted me to do, and she just comes up and starts faxing something (i was sitting in front of the fax). FFS, say excuse me.</div>
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:ea27e724-56e8-4ea4-b6ad-a7dd07f5c7f9">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to B&M that this weather may postpone my meeting with <strong>Expressions of Decor</strong>.  Otherwise, all I can think about = the poor folks from Joplin.
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

She is AWESOME
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:6f22a10f-db50-4b88-81fa-1e9590d97a51">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : She is AWESOME

She seems super sweet.  I am going sans mother today, so it should be a little easier to explain my vision.  :D 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, now I have one.  My laptop has been in the shop for like two weeks now.  They said they were anticipating having it ready by last Thursday, and I've yet to hear a followup.  =(
    Anniversary

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    I want a new laptop.  Really, I want a Macbook.

I juuuuuust have to convince the DH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:ae264223-bf2f-4cd9-9374-1e78df5c8473">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a new laptop.  Really, I want a Macbook. I juuuuuust have to convince the DH. Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

DH keeps telling me I need a new laptop because it's 6 years old.  Um, it still works and I paid a pretty penny for this sucker.  I'm not going to throw it away<em> just because</em> it is 6 years old.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:ae264223-bf2f-4cd9-9374-1e78df5c8473">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a new laptop.  Really, I want a Macbook. I juuuuuust have to convince the DH.

Ed is trying to get me to let him buy me a Macbook. I keep telling him absolutely not since my Toshiba works fine. I think it hurts his feelings but why fix something that isn't broken?
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess the geek in me sides with the boys on this one.  Every year your pc (desktop, laptop, etc) ages without you updating the hardware (graphics cards, processors, etc) makes it less and less compatible with software upgrades, new versions, etc. In the time I have lived with Albert and our roommate (3 yrs) we have owned 4 laptops, 4 desktops, a tablet and a media center.

ETA: The rationalization we use is kind of like that new pair of black heels.  Sure I have six pairs of black heels for $XX spent, but this new pair would look so much more up to date style wise so I have to have it.   Same holds true with boys and their toys :P
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sick of being so irritable with J lately. I know that it has everything to do with the wedding and job-hunting stress but we have really been at eachothers throats the past few days. His family is driving us both insane and now we're having to wrap our heads around the fact that we will be responsible for paying for the entire RD ourselves--an expense that we really didn't expect. We planned on paying for half of it just in case his parents hadn't been saving for it, and after taking his mom to get her dress last week, I am certain that they have nothing to contribute since she was barely able to cover the dress cost. I am even wondering if J will have to cover the cost of his dad's tux rental.
    His parents feel that they are entitled to people waiting on them hand and foot, along with relying on everyone but themselves to pay their way through the end of their days. It's everything I can do to not explode on them, but it wouldn't change their behavior so I just smile and nod. They are the most disillusioned people I've ever met.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:ae264223-bf2f-4cd9-9374-1e78df5c8473">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a new laptop.  Really, I want a Macbook. I juuuuuust have to convince the DH.

Bill and my dad went in on one for me this past Christmas.  I really wanted it even though the old one was working just fine.  However, I couldn't print from it since the printer people didn't have drivers for my poor laptop.  So, yeah, I got a new computer so that I could print things out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:f8dea404-e448-424e-ad77-f1ae8c6d64dc">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sick of being so irritable with J lately. I know that it has everything to do with the wedding and job-hunting stress but we have really been at eachothers throats the past few days. His family is driving us both insane and now we're having to wrap our heads around the fact that we will be responsible for paying for the entire RD ourselves--an expense that we really didn't expect. We planned on paying for half of it just in case his parents hadn't been saving for it, and after taking his mom to get her dress last week, I am certain that they have nothing to contribute since she was barely able to cover the dress cost. I am even wondering if J will have to cover the cost of his dad's tux rental. His parents feel that they are entitled to people waiting on them hand and foot, along with relying on everyone but themselves to pay their way through the end of their days. It's everything I can do to not explode on them, but it wouldn't change their behavior so I just smile and nod. They are the most disillusioned people I've ever met.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you have to deal with this :-(  But I do understand how you feel.  We ended up covering the entire cost of our RD as well and I definitely was not expecting to have to do that.  But it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.  Do you have a lot of people you are inviting to it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:fded430d-f942-4cbb-8d74-195682ea6044">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : I'm sorry you have to deal with this :-(  But I do understand how you feel.  We ended up covering the entire cost of our RD as well and I definitely was not expecting to have to do that.  But it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.  Do you have a lot of people you are inviting to it?
    Posted by sparklingdiamond[/QUOTE]

Our RD has turned into a bit of a circus, all of our OOT family is invited and we have 35 confirmed RSVP's right now. I think there may be more that I'm not including, but we are having Sonny Bryan's cater. It will all work out, but I am at least happy that the number isn't at the initial 60 that we scheduled it for which will help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm kind of bummed that it has been two weeks since I emailed my venue with questions and have yet to hear back from them :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-72?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bce3ebca-c395-4126-baf6-8ccfd29da05cPost:2a9d3566-abd5-49ad-9d9c-63a6351715c7">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm kind of bummed that it has been two weeks since I emailed my venue with questions and have yet to hear back from them :(
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

Jordan,
    You're going to have to call them.  In general, if I didn't hear back from a vendor within 24 hours, I called them and I hate the phone with a passion.  If it's something that's really important, you can't sit back and wait.  You are the one in charge here and you can't say "Well, I called/emailed them once and now it's on them." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards