Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Bridesmaid gifts?

Hey!  I found some really cute tote bags for my bridesmaids, but am looking for things to fill them with.  Any ideas?  I think I want to get some kind of spare shoes (footzyrolls, soul savers, or something).  Anyone have any good experiences with these?  What else could I do that would be cute and take up some space in this big bag?? Thanks!

Re: Bridesmaid gifts?

• Options
    Get out of the land of cliche bridesmaids gifts.  Rather than getting them generic tote bags and girly stuff, shop for each of them like it is their birthday.  They will appreciate that you put in the time and effort to choose something that is really them.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_bridesmaid-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:0f15c174-0cdc-4369-82df-e66a074cb13bPost:40b13dfd-45f9-4c65-b8f9-1c07f87a6cd0">Re: Bridesmaid gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get out of the land of cliche bridesmaids gifts.  Rather than getting them generic tote bags and girly stuff, shop for each of them like it is their birthday.  They will appreciate that you put in the time and effort to choose something that is really them.  
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]

This
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Or you could get them something nice to go in the tote bags...tote bags don't have to be cliche.

I got my girls totes, but filled them each with things catered to their own taste-- for instance, our wedding singer/my best friend from high school got a gift certificate to a local music shop, a sweatshirt from her music school in Chicago, and a couple 'cliche' gifts like flip flops, lip gloss from Victoria's Secret, and a mongram luggage tag to label her tote.

Shop like it's their birthday, but don't forget to keep all the girls in the same price range, and don't be afraid of cliche gifts.
  • Options
    Agreed. I would never use such a bag. However, if you're absolutely stuck on this, fill it with edible and drinkable things (wine, designer water, chocolates, etc.) AND make the main gift something unique to each individual.
  • Options
    As I kind of agree with some of them, shop like it's their birthday, but if your bridesmaids know eachother well, you may want to keep their gifts similar.

If your bridesmaids are close friends and they know eachother, they may take it personal if you give one girl something different from another and she wants that gift and doesn't like her own gift. My bridesmaids know eachother, and I'd hate to be different for each one of them. Because I KNOW that if I get one of them something that others love and didn't get, she'd be offended. It's just the way it is with my bridesmaids. So I'm keeping it all universal, but personal. I think the tote idea is great, anybody could use a tote!

• Options

I am thinking of the same type of thing.  I was going to get a beach towel for each, but they all LOVE the beach so this works great.  I am going to get the metallic gold flip flops from old navy for each of them.  They can wear at the wedding to dance later, plus, like I said they are beach and flip flop lovers.  Beyond this I am having trouble as well.  I might get my sister (MOH) a little something special like a cute bracelt or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards