Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Money As a Gift..how much is enough

A very close friend of mine is getting married tomorrow and my hubby and I are planning on giving money as a gift because we have heard from the grapevine that thats what they prefer and they don't have a registry..My question is what is a good amount to give?? I have known him since we were in highschool and we're in our 30's now.. he's like a big brother to me. I was even asked to be one of the bridesmaids but I'm expecting with a high risk pregnancy and my date to have the baby is in a few weeks so I didn't want to commit with the dates being so close..I know this is a bit of a sensitive question but i'm a unsure of what the etiquette is here I was told you would give what you feel the plate amount is but as I mentioned I am still unsure and i don't want to come off as cheapThanks so much in advance for you help and advice

Re: Money As a Gift..how much is enough

• Options
    well i'd like to invite a couple of you gals to my wedding! lol seriously though, i give about $50 for just myself, around $100 if i'm taking someone.however, i just went to a wedding last weekend and only gave $50 for both of us. it was his third wedding and also all the food was donated by family members.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards