Registry and Gift Forum

Shower this Saturday - Registry Question

Hi all.My bridal shower is this Saturday.  I have noticed that hardly anything has been purchased off our registry.  I know that a lot of people buy shower gifts at the last minute, but here's the problem...We registered through the I Do Foundation, and most of our stores are online!  We did register at Target, but it seems like every time I add something to that registry, it comes up as "available online only"!  I'm not sure what to do to make sure that people have things to choose from!  I was hoping that people would order things online early enough, but it doesn't appear that that has happened.  Any advice? 

Re: Shower this Saturday - Registry Question

• I wouldnt stress about it.  If they look online and see what you have registered for, they can always get it somewhere else if they dont want to get it online.  Not something I would stress about. 
  • Ditto - Don't worry about it now.  Guests will look and see what they can.Keep in mind for the wedding that it may not be a bad idea to register at a brick and mortar store so guests can go in and shop. 
  • It is fine.Additionally, I agree with the above poster.  Not all your guests want to or can shop online.  Register at an actual store for the wedding.And, just because you think it would be okay for people to find items on your registry in another store doesn't mean they would do it.  I don't like to go outside a couple's registry for items because if I do I run the risk of not getting them the correct item.Adding gifts on Target.com can be problematic because many of their online listings are for online-only items.  Registering in the store (with the gun-thing) ensures that at least some of the items you selected will be available in-store.
  • Thanks for the advice guys!  I will definitely head to the store and zap a bunch of stuff with that gun before the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards