Registry and Gift Forum

Registery Rudeness? long-ish...

o.k. our families are not very well off and do not have tons of cash to be throwing around for tons of wedding gifts. However, my fiance and I are fairly successful, I just graduated form college while he is working on his masters degree.  a lot of our friends have a bit more cash and, because we are in the twin cities (while Home is rural IL) they have more shopping places at their convenience. So, ,We are registering at Target, but I would also like to register at a place that is a bit nicer for items such as bedding, plate wear, etc. Does anyone have recommendations? Would Macy's be too expensive?? Should I go with a place like bergners, younkers, herbergers.....they are all the same...I don't want to seem rude or like I am trying to put fancy places to register that not everyone can afford.

Re: Registery Rudeness? long-ish...

• Try look at Bed Bath & Beyond. I found they had most of the same items that Macy's carries, but at a cheaper price point. As long as you have plenty of lower-priced items on your registry, there's really no harm in registering for some nicer stuff, too.
  • We registered at Amazon.com.  They have a good variety or non-expensive and expensive items. 
  • I registered at Target, BB&B, and Younkers. The only reason I registered at Younkers is that they have the softest towels I have ever found anywhere and they have an everyday dishes set I love. They're actually quite reasonably priced.
  • Macys or BBB would be good, w BBB ppl get those 20% coupons all the time which is helpful, and Macys has fantastic sales.  
  • I LOVE the Amazon registry!  Not only does it allow you to list anything available on Amazon, but it has a "universal registry" feature that allows you to add any item you can find on the Internet.  Thus, if there are only a few items you want from a particular store, you don't have to set up a whole registry at that store.
  • We did Target, BBB and Younkers also. Some of our  more expensive stuff was on our younkers registry, but we got some of it because unlike Target and BBB, Younkers actually has nice sales. After our wedding, we got our last three sets of china 50% off! It was great! And we went to complete our registry and were able to get our kitchenaid mixer (the $350 one) for like $230 after sales, coupon, and rebate!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards