Registry and Gift Forum

How many registries?

How many places do most brides register for?  Would it be bad to go for 3 places, like Macy's, Bed Bath, and Beyond, and Williams and Sonoma??  My fiance wants to register at Home Depot too!  Thoughts?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How many registries?

• I don't think Home Depot is still doing registries (it might be Lowe's that I'm thinking of) but if they are I wouldn't register there. A friend of mine registered there a few years back and didn't realize that they had to go to the store to purchase the items off the registry (and I don't believe you could view it online either). Because people couldn't do this online she didn't get anything from there.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Three is great!!  :)  And Home Depot (or Lowe's) is such a good idea - Just don't register for over 100 items at 6 different places and then list them all on your wedding website.  True story.  :) 
  • We did 3.  BB&B, Target, and Amazon.com Just an FYI...both Home Depot and Lowes have discontinued their registry program.   It was such a shame!  But the tools my FI wanted, we were able to register for at Amazon.  
  • Doing 3 is great! We did three. We did BBB, Target, and Macys. I had to go back in and clean up some duplicates, but it worked out great. We were able to find everything we need and have a broad range of different priced items.
  • My friends H did Sears and they got "man stuff" from there.
  • 2-4: Definitely do more than one because if you only do one it may not be convenient for all of your guests. I've heard bad things about registering at Home Depot.
  • We only registered at Target-and by word of mouth through family, they knew to get us gift cards from lowes or Menards since we have a lot of house projects that we want to do. At my shower, I got about $400 in gift cards to Menards!  Now we can spend it on things we need like lumber and bathroom hardware:) Some people did grumble that we only registered at 1 place because it may not be convenient for them to get to or a place they like to shop.I would at least register at 2 places to give your guest more of an option of where to go.
  • Since your wish list is diverse why don't you just set up one Monetary Gift Registy and use the money however you choose wherever you choose.  The website address is:  www.egift-ing.comThe best think about the site is it prints your registry cards, thank you cards, and address labels directly from the site.  It makes your job so much easier.Check it out it might work for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards