Registry and Gift Forum
Options

I'm not sure what to do??

Should i send my register card for your honeymoon registery  with our save the dates or send it with the invite??Not sure what to do.......

Re: I'm not sure what to do??

• Options
    Neither.
  • Options
    You should never send registration information. Let people ask your wedding party or you. By sending the information it appears that you expect a gift, which is not cool.
  • Options
    Neither. It's an etiquette faux pas to mention gift giving, ever, especially when you are inviting people to your event. It reads as follows: Please come to our wedding celebration and buy us a gift from X store. Including registry information is only appropriate at showers, where the point of the event is to shower the guest of honor with gifts. Otherwise, if people want to purchase something off your registry they will ask you or your family where to go.
  • Options
    The only appropriate place for those cards is in the garbage.Also, can you fix the center at the bottom of your siggy?  You're making all the posts center.
  • Options
    The other ladies are right... You should never send out registry info. If you have a website, put a link up there and just let people know when they ask
  • Options
    Just reiterating what others have said - the cards go in the garbage.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Ladies, we are all here asking for opinions. It would do well to answer them civilly instead of being so snarky (oh there's a board for that). From my experience, registry cards are often included in the bridal shower invitation. Since we had a wedding website here at The Knot, we included our web address in an insert in the wedding invitation and the website has info on our registry. Before anyone attacks me, the website contained info on travel accomodations so that's why it was included in the invitation package. Also the best way to spread the word is through family. It's probably the most tactful way of doing this.
  • Options
    You shouldn't send it with either. The only potential appropriate place for that is with the shower invites, and even then, I wouldn't appreciate seeing it.  A shower is meant to "shower" the bride with gifts, not donate money to her honeymoon.  There is nothing to open at a shower, in that case.You never, ever, include gift and/or registry info with the STDs or invites.  It is rude to ask for gifts, which is what it looks like when included in STDs/invites.
  • Options
    I intend on sending registry information to friends my age but no one else. You can include with shower invites and on your website but other than that it is bad ettiquette to include it. Even though I know a lot of people that really like it... I guess just use your best judgement.
  • Options
    Ladies, we are all here asking for opinions. It would do well to answer them civilly instead of being so snarky (oh there's a board for that). Where was there snark?
  • Options
    Ladies, we are all here asking for opinions. It would do well to answer them civilly instead of being so snarky (oh there's a board for that). There is no snark, just honest answers.  Where do you detect this so-called snark?
  • Options
    Ditto on the snark.  Would it have made you happier if they said "please?"PLEASE don't use registry cards?  There.  Is that better?
  • Options
    Including registry cards changes your invites into invoices and tells your guest that what you want from them is not them to attend your wedding just to send you lots of presents. This is not polite. Do not mentions registry anywhere . You may tell parents and wedidng party and then when guests want to buy you gifts they will ask you or your familiy or wedding party or they will google it.  
  • Options
    Neither. This is tacky and comes off as gift grabby.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    N E I T H E R
  • Options
    The only reason I ask is because I'm first generation of my family that was born here in united states and most of my family are Spanish speaking they are not very updated on the computer or internet usage. But I'll take in everything everyone posted thanks for your opinion on the subject.
  • Options
    Don't worry.  My husband's family are spanish speaking and mostly live in South America.  They still figured it out.  Mostly, people just ask you or your mom, or your sister.  If they can't, they'll write you a check :).
  • Options
    I had no idea this was a tacky faux pas. All the weddings ive been to had registry information included with the invitations. Im not insisting that this is the right way to do it, its just the only way i have ever seen it done in local weddings that i have been too. I always found it helpful i could just read the invitation and go to the store whenever i had time, instead of asking around where the bride and groom were registered.
  • Options
    Personally, I find not including the registry info weird. No one I know would ever call someone to ask for it. If it isnt included people assume you aren't registered and buy you random gifts or just give cash.
  • Options
    Providing registry information with the bridal shower invitation is appropriate, and I received one with both a Macys and a Disney honeymoon registry. The point of the shower is to celebrate the union by providing for the couple, and in today's age not everyone needs towels & sheets :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards