Registry and Gift Forum

Unique FI Gift?

Need some suggestions!  Origionally we were not going to give each other wedding gifts (since we are paying for the wedding ourselves) and we would get "treats" for each other on our honeymoon.  But FI mentioned getting me something, so I am on the hunt for a gift for him.  He loves watches and has about 8 of them, so not sure if that would be very exciting for him.  Of course a very nice one that would be remembered as his wedding watch is always an option, I guess.  But I would like to get him something else.  Was thinking maybe a mountain bike?  Unromantic, I Know! But he has mentioned that in the past he enjoyed riding his bike.What is everyone else getting their FI?TIA

Re: Unique FI Gift?

• My gift is a little different. I rescued a dog earlier this year who rapidly became my FI's best friend -- so much so that my FI has been giving me grief about the dog not being in the wedding. Sooo... I bought a doggie tux on clearance and took an insane amount of pictures until I found a good one, made an 11x14 print, and am having my brother (a framer) frame it for me. I made prints of all the pictures I took so he could see what a labor of love this was -- and there are a few cute ones in there too. It was cheap and a little goofy, but we're cheap and a little goofy, so I'm willing to bet he'll love it.
  • I agree with pp about the watch valet. With a current collection of 8, maybe one that held 12? I knew a gentleman who had one that plugged into the wall and each watch location would spin to keep the self-winding watches accurate. I haven't decided what to do. We are paying for the majority of our wedding ourselves on a tight budget. I've ruled out the photos option because I'm massively uncomfortable with the idea and we have family over all the time. I'd hate to have his dad mistake that album for the one from our summer vacation. (I know, hide it. Well-intentioned as that might be, I'm still not excited about the idea.) I'm currently thinking I'll pick something practical because he'd be sad if I spent money on a frivolous item while I'm not working as much as his pay was recently cut.
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • I think a mountain bike is a good idea. Guys seem to like practical gifts. You could maybe set up a massage or something for him on your honeymoon (if he likes them).
  • My mom got my grandfather a miniture grandfather's clock for his birthday. It was made of cherry wood and he adored it. If your guy already has something to hold all those watches, maybe something to put on a desk would be nice. And if he's a tad bit nerdy, they have these cool laser alarm clocks that I've been looking into.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards