Registry and Gift Forum

Registry and wedding invite...

Ok, I know that it is tacky and against wedding etiquette to put where you are registered on or with your wedding invitations.  And for that reason, I didn't put it with the invites.  The idea was thrown around with me and my fiance, and I finally decided that it was indeed tacky and didn't do it.  I thought he knew, but I just found out that he didn't and his mom told him that she's getting a lot of phone calls from people asking where we are regiseterd (she must not have known either).  He is very unhappy that it wasn't included with the invitations.  I've tried explaining it to him, but it's not getting through.  Does anyone have any suggestions that I could say to him to make him understand?   It may just be a male "mental block", but I don't want him upset.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks ladies.

Re: Registry and wedding invite...

•   compromise:  make a wedding website (we loved the ones here at the knot!) - include the address on your accommodations info or map or other inserts (or just a little card with "for additional information, maps, etc visit http:.... ).  Note:  if you include it on your inserts, make sure it's noticeable - people didn't really see ours so we emailed it to them.  people are going to want to look at your info, pics, etc., and having the registry online makes it sooooo helpful. 
  • Thanks! We actually got lucky and shot those in the hotel lobby b/c it was raining and we couldn't use the garden we'd planned on. Yay for rainy wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards