Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Kerig/Breville K-Cups

I sort of adore these even though I have no idea whether or not they are any good, or worth the money, etc.I enjoy my Cuisinart coffemaker but am thinking of buying one the special edition Kerig one cup makers...anyone have an opinion? Thanks!

Re: Kerig/Breville K-Cups

• Options
    The Kerig for sure! My fiance and I own one and it's amazing. You don't have to make a full pot of coffee just to have a cup. We love it. One point of advice is don't leave it on for long periods of time. I guess my fiance's mother did that to hers and it broke somehow. I think that because it continues to boil the water it overheated. Other than that It's great! She bought a new one, and it seems to be fine now. Our favourite coffee for it is the "Van Houte- House blend" It's good! They make teas and cappuchinos and everything for them. :)I hope this helped.
  • Options
    How often will you REALLY use it? Seriously. Have you ever tried French Pressed coffee? I bought a french press instead of a single cup coffee maker, and I absolutely love it. I keep it on my desk at work, actually.
  • Options
    They are a fun toy, though the pods are expensive ($0.50-$1 per serving.  It doesn't brew the coffee strong enough for my liking.  You also don't save that much time with the quick brewing time unless you know what time you'll want coffee and use the auto on/off feature, as you still have to wait for the water to heat up.  Personally, I think they're better suited for offices/businesses where many coffees are being brewed than for home use.
  • Options
    Devon: We use ours several times a day... seriously.pp: $.50 a cup is expensive?  erm...   ok.
  • Options
    Oh, and also, you don't have to buy the k-cups to use the keurig.  There's an optional, reusable filter you can get also (if you buy the keurig at costco or another wholesale club it sometimes comes with it, if not it's like $10-$15) that lets you put whatever coffee you want in it.  I cut open teabags and use it to make tea all the time. 
  • Options
    Sabina - then it sounds worth it. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Sabina, that's great to know.  I'm so lazy about research that I didn't know you could buy such an attachment.  That might make it worth it for me.  I drink a half pot of coffee or more on some mornings while others I make a full pot and just drink a cup so I was concerned about those "whole pot mornings."thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards