Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Shower gifts on registry... is there a difference?

I saw a suggestion on TK that you should add some stuff to your registry for the shower.  I know that it's basically a marketing ploy, but was still kind of confused, and wondered if there's any merit to the idea.  What items would be on a shower registry that wouldn't already be on a wedding registry, or how would you (should you?) adjust to "cover" both events?  Does the number of items you should aim for change?  My and FI's families have mentioned wanting to throw me a shower, but that's all I know (or want to know).

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: Shower gifts on registry... is there a difference?

• Options
    Registry items are all the same. Just register for items you want and will use and appreciate.  People can then purchase from your registry for the shower, wedding, etc. Be sure to add items at all price points since many people will spend less on the shower gift, more on the wedding. Also be srue to check your registry after the shower to make srue there are still options for the wedding. HTH!
  • Options
    Thanks, yes that does help!  It just seemed weird to have to think of specific "shower gift items".  And we only want to put items on the registry that we'll be really psyched about getting or have a real need for.  We have enough "stuff" already, we don't need a whole lot more.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards