Registry and Gift Forum
Options

To the girl who didn't get gifts.

It's rude to delete your post. Especially after I semi-defended you. Now I do think you're selfish.

Re: To the girl who didn't get gifts.

• Options
    I told her she should be ashamed of herself.  Maybe when she came back and read that, she was.
  • Options
    She should be ashamed of herself.  I tried to sound nice but really she sounded like she felt "entitled" to gifts because she paid for everyone to attend the wedding.

I would guess that her attitude seeps through into all aspects of her life.
  • Options
    After today this shouldn't be an issue.  One of the new features is that a OP can't delete an entire post if other people have responded. They can only delete their own posts.  This should make lots of boards more interesting now that people can't run away from what they say.
  • Options
    I missed this post.. she didn't get ANY gifts?  Was there a reason?  Now I'm interested...
  • Options
    I missed this post too, but you don't have to worry about DDs anymore.
  • Options
    She complained that about 50% of her guests showed up without a gift or a card. People told her that since her wedding was 2 weeks ago, she should chill. She also made the point about how she paid for the wedding herself and therefore expected SOMETHING from people because it seems like they don't care. Some people pointed out that if she cares so much about gifts, then no, people might not like her that much.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh she got gifts.  She just didn't get gifts from some people (she says half of who came) including her dad, sister, and 2 cousins - must have been a small wedding?  She wanted to bring it up to them and just say "oh maybe it got lost in the mail."  She wanted to know if she was selfish.  Some people were ripping her apart so I semi-defended her saying she wasn't selfish but to just let it go.  Apparently she is selfish because right as I wrote out my response she deleted.  Dumb.  Now I consider her selfish.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_girl-didnt-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:10499085Post:87c5c7ce-8456-4324-87d0-063a02312269">Re: To the girl who didn't get gifts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh she got gifts.  She just didn't get gifts from some people (she says half of who came) including her dad, sister, and 2 cousins - must have been a small wedding?  She wanted to bring it up to them and just say "oh maybe it got lost in the mail."  She wanted to know if she was selfish.  Some people were ripping her apart so I semi-defended her saying she wasn't selfish but to just let it go.  Apparently she is selfish because right as I wrote out my response she deleted.  Dumb.  Now I consider her selfish.
    Posted by jennylee753[/QUOTE]
    WOW! What a greedy little gift-grabber. I'm glad I missed the OP.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    While it would be very rude to mention it to these relatives, I think it was even more rude for those people to come and not bring gifts. The fact that you're paying so much money and treating these people to such a nice meal, etc, and they can't even bring a gift seems to me to be beyond rude especially when they are people close to you.  I would be very hurt if someone close to me did this.  That being said, if it was my parents or maid of honor or something that did not get a gift, I wouldn't be upset because they are already spending a lot of money on throwing me parties before the wedding, etc. 
  • Options
    It's actually rude in most circles TO show up with a gift.

GIfts are given before or after the wedding but not AT the wedding.

Hence why many people would have advised the OP to chill out as many gifts will probably arrive after the wedding itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards