Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Macys registration question

I know some ladies have mentioned they recieved toasting flutes as a gift from macys.... Did you have to do something special? My FI and I just registered with them online so I was just wondering?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Macys registration question

• Options
    The "perks" change so at some times during the year you might get toasting flutes, other times it could be a cake knife set, or they might not be doing a gift. Also, to receive a "gift" like that you might have to register in person rather than online. I'd call a store and ask them about it.  I think right now they may not be doing an extra gift like toasting flutes or cake knife sets - think it's ust their standard rewards program for wedding registries.
  • Options
    If you register for a certain amount of certain types of things, you can send away for free gifts from the companies.  I think it's Lenox that does toasting flutes.  If you register for 10 place settings of their china... or something like that.

Go to the registry manager, and at the bottom of the list on the left there's a link for "gift with registry."
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    The chamagne flutes were something we got when we registered at Macy's in person.  We went to a registry event (where a bunch of other couples were also registering) and they gave us a bag containing registry info, promotional material, and the flutes.  This was about a month ago.

If you really want them, you could probably stop by the registry area of a Macy's store and tell them you registered online but were hoping to get their giveaway bag.  However, the champagne flutes aren't that nice.  They have Macy's star logo on them, so it's not like you could use them at a fancy dinner. 
  • Options
    I registered online with Macy's and they did not offer us anything, so if you're looking for a free gift from them, I'd say check out the store
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_macys-registration-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:105cbf44-2003-4747-83aa-ed7c38e92513Post:793eb168-9cd2-4270-b448-ea6f11c8a7eb">Re: Macys registration question</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>The chamagne flutes were something we got when we registered at Macy's in person.  We went to a registry event (where a bunch of other couples were also registering) and they gave us a bag containing registry info, promotional material, and the flutes.</strong>  This was about a month ago. If you really want them, you could probably stop by the registry area of a Macy's store and tell them you registered online but were hoping to get their giveaway bag.  However, the champagne flutes aren't that nice.  They have Macy's star logo on them, so it's not like you could use them at a fancy dinner. 
    Posted by SaraAndrew2010[/QUOTE]

Same thing for us, except ours was 4 wine glasses instead of toasting flutes.
    Vacation

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards