Registry and Gift Forum
Options

feeeed my curiosity

For those of you who are past your showers/weddings:

what type of gifts on your registry were most fulfilled?

practical (everyday dinnerware, towels, cutlery)
luxury (fine china, crystal, top of the line cookware/knives)
fun (pop-corn maker, colorful plastic margarita glasses)

Re: feeeed my curiosity

• Options
    I am not the best person to ask, hopefully others will offer their experience.  We recieved every single item on our list except for 1 bath mat. 

It probably depends on your crowd and their budgets. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_feeeed-curiosity?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:1b8372db-a3f8-4f7b-8576-df06ddb57413Post:ca722388-928e-42ce-a86c-4c609fc812c4">feeeed my curiosity</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of you who are past your showers/weddings: what type of gifts on your registry were most fulfilled? practical (everyday dinnerware, towels, cutlery) luxury (fine china, crystal, top of the line cookware/knives) fun (pop-corn maker, colorful plastic margarita glasses)
    Posted by OuachitaTrixie[/QUOTE]

practical: our MIkasa 'Chocolate swirl' 16 piece place settings (we got 4 of these), our Oneida silverware (we asked for 2 sets, got both), our bathroom set, all of of our calphalon (we got a lot of the Contemporary), our bedding, crockpot.

luxury: our Calphalon 19 piece knife block set, our Calphalon can fall here also. we also got a free standing kitchen cabinet thing for more room. we registered for it for the completion discount but got it! its from Target. we got TONS of stuff from Tiffany and Co....Vase, cake server and a platter. the platter has our invitation wording printed on it (its AWESOME!) :)

fun: pretty napkin rings, placemats and cloth napkins, an indoor grill (LOVE IT. its from West Bend...its an indoor electric), our Lenox wine glasses, the 7piece multi-server (from BB&B)
  • Options
    For ours, the fun stuff was the most popular category.  Our friends got all of the barware and accessories, and some relatives did all the fun gadget things like the ice cream maker.  

FWIW, we're a little older, so there wasn't much of the practical on there.  It was mostly luxury and fun items.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards