Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Gift Question

I've been invited to a bridal shower (I'm in the WP, but it's a shower hosted by her FMIL), but I haven't been given any registry info by the bride or the hosts of the shower. I'm not even 100% sure the bride has had any time to register anywhere since she's crazy busy.

I'm just wondering if it would be tacky to get her something small and cute (candles, picture frame, etc), and then a gift card to somewhere that she can buy any essential items she isn't given at the shower & wedding?

Thanks in advance for the input!
Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Gift Question

• Options
    I would LOVE a gift card
  • Options
    The only problem with asking her FMIL is that she never answers her phone, and there's no machine! 

Thanks for the replies ladies, I appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    I agree with getting a gift card to somewhere you know she likes.
  • Options
    I think that gift idea is perfect. If you're in the wedding party you should know her tases on where she like to shop and getting her a gift card is probably the best. If you really want to get a specific gift, call the FMIL or RSVP person.
  • Options
    Have you tried googling for her registry?
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    No luck on the googling... I think I'm gonna go with the gift card.

Thanks ladies! :)
  • Options
    Try this website: http://www.weddingchannel.com/wedding-gift-registry/index.html  You can search for people's registries.

But a gift card would be a welcome gift, also.
  • Options
    The main places to check would be Bed Bath and Beyond, Macy's, Target and Crate and Barrel.  Then maybe REI if she is outdoorsy and local department stores.

You could ask the bride if she's registered yet, and if so where.
  • Options
    what about something small that is more personal with a gift card. It gives her an idea you really made an effort to get something you think she may like but also gives her the opportunity to pick out something she wants.
  • Options
    I agree with schad---something more personal plus the gift card, if you are in the WP you should know her well enough to find something that says something about her personality. Like her favorite bottle of wine plus the gift card, I got a friend of mine a gift set of her favorite vodka along with a gift certificate for a couples massage and she loved it!
    "It is never to late to become what you might have been..."
  • Options
    why can't you just ask the bride?  i assume that you are pretty close, as you are in the WP?  but if for some reason that is not an option, then a gift card is always appreciated! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I did end up going with the gift card and a small gift that I knew she'd like.

I didn't want to ask her about the registry info just because I didn't know if that would be weird. Do people ask the B&G? It turns out that she wasn't registered anywhere anyway, and just had a list of the things they needed which was given to the people who didn't call me back when I left messages... Nice eh?

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond to my post! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards