Registry and Gift Forum

Poll: Most Expensive and Least Expensive Registry Item

2»

Re: Poll: Most Expensive and Least Expensive Registry Item

• Where are you guys registering that a Kitchen Aid is $299? Mine is currently registered @ $499!!!
  • arendadruarendadru member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    least and most expensive thing of mine are the usual stuff.  Unusual: Krupps beer tender!
    image 185 invited image 136 partying with us! image 49 missing out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know you're all talking in U.S. dollars, but it is INSAME to me to see $299 beside all these KitchenAid Stand Mixers! Mine is $549 (the Anniversary one)...and standard ones are $399-$449 (Canadian).

Anyway, most expensive are a washer and dryer....though we primarily added those for completion discounts. I suppose one could make a group gift but I doubt it. Next up would be the KitchenAid mixer or the Dyson.

Least expensive is an ice cream scoop for $12

Nothing really unconventional on there......but the items I'm most hoping to get are our china ("Cirque" by Maxwell & Williams - $125 per 16-piece set) amd a Cuisinart Grind and Brew Coffeemaker ($189).
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~Michelle~
    TTC for 2 years w/ PCOS - Ectopic in April 2012 at 7 weeks; MTX x2
    Check out my blog: Married In A Zoo
    & follow me on Twitter

?wedding planning
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32f861]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • Most expensive and most untraditional: $329.00 Dewalt chop saw (almost suprisingly, one of mine).

Least expensive: pot holders $1.99.
  • Most - TV for bedroom $350
    Least - Red kitchen towels - $2.99
    Least conventional - air mattress, wii trivial pursuit, margarita maker
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Most expensive: Dyson Animal $539
    Lease expensive: Porcelin pie bird $1.99

Most untraditional: Board games
  • Nukke-
    Laughed a lot.  That sounds like something my boyfriend would do. :-)

I wasn't sure if registering for things like wii games would be okay, but we love our wii, and since a lot you girls registered for things like that, we are most likely going to do it as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Most Expensive: All-Clad 5 Piece Starter Set  - $319.95 (We registered for the rest of our cookware individually.)

Least Expensive: Small Stainless Steel Condiment Prep Cups - $0.95 each

Most Non-Traditional: So far, nothing.  I've just registered for kitchen stuff, towels and sheets.

• Most expensive = Calphalon cookware set - $400

Least expensive = OXO measuring cups - $10

Most non-traditional = Handmade chopstick set from Vietnam

We had two registries - BB&B (for regular stuff) and TenThousandVillages.com (for eclectic stuff)
  • Well, FI and I have lived together for 5 years and I'm not shy about buying stuff off overstock or ebay when I think we need new sheets, towels, kitchen stuff, etc.  And FI's parents bought me a kitchenaid mixer a couple Christmases ago, so I'm good there, too.

I even already have a gorgeous set of antique fine china trimmed in 18k gold which I got on ebay for a ridiculously good price.

So our registry items are mostly things that we need to replace because they are wearing out, broken, mismatched, incomplete sets, etc.   Then we tacked on some splurge items we just couldn't justify buying otherwise, like a nice juicer.

Most expensive: Cuisinart from Macy's $139.99.

Least expensive:  Small ramekins from C&B $2.50 ea.

Least traditional: Everything's pretty traditional, tbh.  Maybe the colored clothespin clip magnets from C&B?

"Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Most expensive: The duvet FI likes is $350.  I'm going to try to talk FI into a less expensive one.

Least expensive: cake tester, babmoo tongs from getting toast out of the toaster, and clothe napkins are all $1.99 each

Most non-traditional: the bamboo tongs, probably.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards