Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Wedding gift thank you's - when to send

Our wedding is a month away, and we just received a wedding gift from someone who will be reading the scripture at our wedding.  (And I know they're wedding, not shower gifts, because they gave a shower gift as well.)

Do I send them the wedding gift thank you now?  I'm a little unsure about that because I'm just starting on thank you's from my shower (2 days ago).  Should I wait to send the wedding gift thank you until after the wedding - or send it before and put a week or two gap between thank you's?

Plus - with the husband reading scripture for us, we're going to be sending thank you's for that, too.  But that wouldn't be until AFTER the wedding...

Do I keep my correspondence prompt and send 3 thank you's to this couple or is that serious overkill?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wedding gift thank you's - when to send

• Options
    Yes - send the TY note now.

When you get any gifts before the wedding, open them, inspect them for damage, put them to the side and don't use them until after the wedding and write the TY note right away.
  • Options
    If the shower gift was from the couple, you can probably send one thank you note for both the wedding and the shower gift.  TY notes can get kind of brisk and perfunctory and I'd rather get one longish note regarding two gifts than two "Dear ___ thank you for ____ it is very ______" type notes.

Whether you send one or two, send them now.  Then after the wedding send the TY note for the scripture reading.
    murrayed
  • Options
    I waited to send all my wedding thank you's until AFTER the wedding. I was set on including a wedding picture on our TY note for those who did and didn't come. 

• Options
    Thank you notes should always be sent promptly.  You should not wait until after the wedding.  Separate gifts get separate thank you notes, so it would not be appropriate to put the wedding and shower gift in the same note.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    If you received any gifts a month before the wedding or earlier then it's considered rude to wait until you got the photos back to send the TYs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-gift-thank-yous-send?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:2ad29abe-6d26-4c5f-af28-be1c1ee3006dPost:836ecfbf-0e98-4381-a652-afcef1d6c207">Re: Wedding gift thank you's - when to send</a>:
    [QUOTE]I waited to send all my wedding thank you's until AFTER the wedding. I was set on including a wedding picture on our TY note for those who did and didn't come. 
    Posted by bellebride116[/QUOTE]
    This is going to sound rude but I don't mean it that way: I would much rather have the thank you promptly than wait for a thank you with a picture that goes immediately into the garbage.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-gift-thank-yous-send?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:2ad29abe-6d26-4c5f-af28-be1c1ee3006dPost:1bbe401d-13b8-49a2-96fa-7bc0be1f047c">Re: Wedding gift thank you's - when to send</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding gift thank you's - when to send : This is going to sound rude but I don't mean it that way: I would much rather have the thank you promptly than wait for a thank you with a picture that goes immediately into the garbage.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

<div>Doesn't sound rude and no offense taken :). A lot of our guests who sent gifts prior to our destination wedding couldn't make it and really appreciated the picture TY card. I really doubt any of them were sitting with a calendar counting down the days for a TY... and if they were, well... that's a whole other issue!</div>

• Options
    Send the gift TY as quickly as you can.
  • Options
    It's always proper to send a prompt thank you note.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards