Registry and Gift Forum

1st day registering!!

My FI and I went to BB & B yesterday to register! SO exciting yet overwhelming! It was like Christmas. It was hard to think with so much there about what I really wanted! We decided just to register for a few things and take a look around the entire store so we knew what was there. Then we went home to take it all in.

I looked at their website and realized they have like 3 times the amount of stuff on there. I don't know if I like that because I feel more comfortable shopping in a store than online. Anyone else have that expierence?

Sugesstions/Comments?

Re: 1st day registering!!

• I always buy registry gifts online and I think a lot of people do.  I would say it's best to make sure you have gifts that are available for purchase in the store and ones that are available for purchase online so people have a choice.  But for any individual item, I would register for the version you like the best/want the most.
    Married 10/2/10
  • I ended up using "www.myregistry.com" because I had that feeling too!  The cool part is you can browse around in online stores, then you have a button in your task bar or favorite that says "add to my registry".  I've added stuff from over 13 places, and its really easy.  You can categorize the gifts, arrange them however, have a welcome page on your registry and give the site a password so it's private.  You can see when people have purchased gifts, but I turned that off to be surprised!

Ours is a destination wedding, so everyone will be shipping their gifts.  The other part, which some people really do a lot, is a cash registry for honeymoon and things.  I wasn't crazy about this idea, but my fiance is Mexican and he insists that his people like to give cash, so we set it up.

Have fun!!
  • ohh interesting! thank you!
  • Coming in late to the conversation but....
    My FI thought I had lost my mind about how much effort I put in on the registry process. I made out lists and consulted other lists from my bridal planning books etc THEN we went to the store and I walked around and looked and spent tons of time just making mental notes about would we reallyuse that or would it end up shoved in the back of the cabinet? After all of that we went to register and it took us over 4 days because he couldn't stand to be in the store for more than about an hour and a half being bombarded with decisions but insisted upon being included (and I did want his opinion, I don't want him to have things in our house he hates - I let him hold the barcode scanner - he was happy!). Then I can't tell you how many countless hours I've spent correcting stuff or adding to it when I think of stuff later etc. I ended up registering for duplicate items (cheaper at one store but already registered at the other etc) which you will avoid by doing this online, but I like picking up the item and touching it etc. I found that doing some online and some in the store was a nice balance.

Good luck! I know I'm a little (or a lot) crazy about details and planning etc but all in all, it was a fun experience. Taking time to pay attention to details really helped!
    Beka Lou
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards