Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Say Anything Wednesday!

Where is everybody??!?! Come out lurkers, knotties and everybody else!! Tongue out

Re: Say Anything Wednesday!

• edited December 2011
    I am so bummed. I am having the hardest time find a photographer due to the time gap in between the ceremony and reception.  It sucks. I am getting fustrated. Our ceremony is at 1pm at church and our reception at 6pm. GRR!!! And I have to add, our budget has def. changed since we started planning.

But on the upside....we are off on Friday! Yay!!! So ready for a short week and long weekend. And my birthday is next month! something to look forward too because I get my birthday off this year at work! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah-   this is completely random and I'm sure you have probably thought of it, but if a full day with a photographer is not in the budget, then you might consider hiring two photographers.   A well known photographer for your pre-ceremony, ceremony, and some after ceremony "fun" with your bridal party, and then having another photographer (maybe that charges by the hour or something?) come for the reception? Just a thought.
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My company doesn't let us have Good Friday off.  We get President's Day off, but not Good Friday?  Also, my company gives employees in Brazil and India Good Friday off.  It makes absolutely no sense. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Steph- I'm in the same boat.   We get Martin Luther King Day AND President's Day off, but not Good Friday.   Bizarre.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm taking a half day tomorrow :)  I have an appointment with a professional staffing company, so that's exciting!  And then Steve and I are going to start our house projects.  I want to paint our master bedroom and then do some yardwork in the front.  I also want to finally put pictures in the picture frames we got that we registered for when we got married.  They're sitting in a closet and it's about time we got them filled with pictures and hung them up.
  • edited December 2011
    After going in circles a few times, I found my dress and I am going to order this weekend ! :)
    I thought I was going to have to spend $ for a rush and then $ to get the collar to hem? alteration, but if you get the collar to hem alteration, it already comes in as a rush order so at least I will save a little bit! :)

This is the dress:
    http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/26/321

Casablanca 1971
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Tiffany - That is something I have started to think about. And FI thought I was crazy. haha

Mariah - Thats great to hear! Let us know how it goes!
  • edited December 2011
    That dress is beautiful!!! love it!
  • edited December 2011
    I am being a post whore today. ugh I need some entertainment.
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous dress! I love Casablanca dresses.  Mine was style 1845. 
  • edited December 2011

Gorgeous Dress!

Sarah- not crazy at all!  It might be a little complicated, but not crazy!

I'll probably post a lot too because I'm bored.  

FI and I found a new park with a 2 mile trail and went running last night.  It was SO awesome.  FI has been trail running for years, but it's new to me and so much better than a treadmill or laps around the neighborhood.

• edited December 2011
    I need to start working out and getting in shape. I gained 15 pounds....and it makes me sad. Especially since I bought my dress already. no fun.  
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Tiffany, we got MLK day off too.  I'm using a vacation day on Friday and the original plan was to do some yard work (pulling weeds), but now it looks like it's going to rain on Friday, so we may not get that done. 

Also, I have a wedding to go to on Saturday at the Adolphus.  It's David's cousin's wedding.  I was really looking forward to it, but now we aren't really talking to David's family and things are tense between us, so we are just going to attend the ceremony. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and my FI started the couch to 5k yesterday and it was tough, but I am excited about building up my endurence.
  • edited December 2011
    Love the bead work on the dress!

You need cash or check for the DMV when you go change your name, FYI.  I think it's crazy and stupid they don't accept CC.  It's 2010 people. 

We usually only get Friday afternoon off when Congress is in session.  And you usually don't know if you will be getting off early until about 11:50 am the day of.  This year they were nice enough to let us know yesterday. 
  • edited December 2011
    Btweety - do you use the Podcasts?   You can download Couch to 5K podcasts for free on iTunes with music that sets your pace and alerts you when you should run/walk.  It's pretty cool.

I've didn't really do the program because I wasn't far from 5k when I started, but I do use the music because it sets the pace consistently across tracks and somehow that helps me.  I'm thinking of starting couch to 10k though.
  • edited December 2011
    We don't have Friday off either, but my best friend will be in town so I'm working remote Friday afternoon to go dress shopping with her.  I'm super excited!
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ca42ecf1-aec6-4ad5-9ccc-341a39e22724Post:81139470-b024-41e5-a52b-39d9f009da09">Re: Say Anything Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so bummed. I am having the hardest time find a photographer due to the time gap in between the ceremony and reception.  It sucks. I am getting fustrated. Our ceremony is at 1pm at church and our reception at 6pm. GRR!!! And I have to add, our budget has def. changed since we started planning. But on the upside....we are off on Friday! Yay!!! So ready for a short week and long weekend. And my birthday is next month! something to look forward too because I get my birthday off this year at work! :)
    Posted by SarahandAlex2010[/QUOTE]

Sarah--we were in the same position. Did you ever check out Jessica Mooney? For $1850 we are getting her for the whole day and Bridal Portraits were included. That price included all the images on a hi-res CD. I've been very happy with her so far--she's so much fun and really professional
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This annoys me:

Who but you and your husband should decide if your sex life is "normal"?
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany I wasn't aware of such podcasts but I will look into them. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards