Registry and Gift Forum

When Should I Register?

Set the date for 9/25/10...  no showers are planned yet, but I'm wondering how far in advance we should register for gifts?  Will things go out of stock if we do it too soon?

Thanks!

Re: When Should I Register?

• If you are sending STDs and have a wedding website with registry information, many people recommend you complete the website (and put as much information up as possible) before you mail STDs. People might look at the site when they get it and then not again until they get the invitation.

That said... this is a LITTLE early and you have to be prepared that some things may be discontinued. However, I'm starting one registry at the end of February for my early October wedding because... well, that's how it needs to work for us.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I agree, I think 6 months is a good time to start. 
  • I'm getting married in October, and we just opened our first registry.  We registered for mostly appliances, and stuff that most likely won't discontinue.  I'll check on it closer to my showers (in August) and update it if needed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think we registered about 9 months before. Our wedding is this April. I haven't had any issues with things going out of stock or anything, and I check it regularly to make sure. The only problem I've had is that new stuff keeps coming out and i keep changing it all! Haha.

So you could start now if you wanted, or you could wait until about 6 months before. Its up to you. :)
  • Every article I've read has said to register asap after getting engaged, because you never know when someone might want to get you a "congrats" gift or throw a shower or something... Buuuut we're not getting married for 18 monthsish, haven't even set a real date yet. (His roommate picked the same date, not knowing. What are the odds, seriously???? Ugh.) So is it too early, or can we register for generic things like appliances etc. without being tacky?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards