Registry and Gift Forum

Registry Etiquette

So we all know that it's not okay to send out those lovely little cards that companies hand out when you sign up for a registry. I've read the only way for people to find out that you have a registry is to talk to the parents. Unfortunately in our case that's just not possible so. What are some more ideas for putting a registry out there without making it tacky? Would it be tacky to put it on a website? Not in a huge banner, just a link. What do you think?
Countdown to being Mrs. Tirey
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding website

Re: Registry Etiquette

• You can put it on your website and if you are having a shower, your registry info can be included in the invites for that, since the purpose of a shower is to shower the couple with gifts. It truly isn't difficult to find out where a couple is registered now a days, with the internet and all that.
  • If people want to know, they'll ask.

Although most people can figure it out with a quick internet search anyway.  
  • Putting on a wedding website is fine, or putting it on a shower invitation.  Also like PP's said-people will find out where you are registered if they want to know. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree about putting it on the shower invite and the website. Our website automatically linked to our registries, but it is lower on the page so that the website doesn't scream, "buy us stuff!!!"
  • Or they just buy what they want to buy.  I was married Saturday, and last night we opened presents and cards.  We got a gorgeous Lenox vase, but we need to buy a bigger house to go with the vase.  Actually all of the presents we received were really wonderful, but very little was from the registry, which as several people pointed out, is very easy to search through the internet. 
  • if you make your wedding website here on theknot.com then they have a page set up for that already. it's great, it's discreet, i haven't had a single person have to ask me, they get to read through all the fantastic stuff about our relationship, the proposal, look at some pictures of us, and if they feel like it they can visit the registry page, but it's nowhere NEAR my invitations. =)
  • Wedding website.  I've been to a bunch of weddings and it actually annoys me to have to ask where they're registered.  I love it when a couple just sets up a website and I can read about where I'm going, what we're doing and what to buy them :)  I think it's pretty much expected nowadays- I've been to few weddings that don't have a website.

• There's a national registry look-up on WeddingChannel.com. If people want to know, they'll look you up.
    I've Got the Wedding Bell Blues
  • We have a website set up on the knot but I don't like it. Not because it's not great, because I'm sure it is. But for whatever reason, my computer doesn't like the website and freezes everytime we trie and use/view it. So I set one up elsewhere
    Countdown to being Mrs. Tirey
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding website
  • All registries are available to view on GiftRegsitry360.com and WeddingChannel.com regardless of whether or not you have a website.
    I've Got the Wedding Bell Blues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards