Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Bridal Shower thank you gifts?

My mother and sister-in-law worked really hard to put on a wonderful bridal shower for me this past weekend. I know they put a lot of effort and time into the shower, and I would love to do something small for them to thank them. Is that out of the ordinary or not appropriate? If it is appropriate, what are some good ideas?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shower thank you gifts?

• Options
    edited May 2011
    A nice thank you note is all that is required, but you can also give a gift.  My aunt hosted my shower with some help from my mom.  I got my aunt a small LL Bean tote bag with a bottle of local dessert wine and a gift set from Philosophy.  I got my mom the Philosophy gift set only. 

You could send flowers if they would like that, or get some kind of gift or gift card.  I've seen ideas to give an umbrella or a bath set with a note that says "hope your next shower is as good as mine."

edited for grammar
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    Maybe a nice photo or photo book from the shower?  Our family always loves those. 
  • Options

We're also doing a nice bottle of local wine (Weidekher, yum!) with, obviously, a nice handwritten note of thanks.

The ladies hosting my shower are my mom's circle of besties.  There's 5 of them so the work load is easier and they're pretty practiced at hosting showers.  A bottle of wine is probably the best gift I can give them since it doesn't "up the ante" for the next bride-to-be and these ladies will put it to good use when all the guests have left. Wink

I've heard of a nice pashmina, fancy writing pens, a decorated wine glass, gift cert for a pedi, and a pound of gourmet coffee for other options.

• Options
    I'm getting my aunts the Thank You Willow Tree Angels, don't know if you know what those are. I think they're neat and a nice way to say thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    These are all great suggestions. Thanks ladies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards