Registry and Gift Forum
Options

How many registries is too many?

I have two main registries but created a third for some specific decor-related items that I would like.  My mom says that three registries is too many.  What do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many registries is too many?

• Options
    We have three.  I think the consensus I've seen around here is that three is fine, four is a little much.

We have three mostly because our guests are from all over, not all of them are online shoppers, and not all of our stores are in all the areas. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I think three is just fine.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    2-3 is normal.  More than 3 is overkill.
  • Options
    We have 3.  I think more than 3 is too many.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input.  I feel better now. :)
  • Options
    3 is good. thats how many we have. . . however my MOH for some reason listed 6 on the shower invites. I found this out from my FMIL after the shower was over and done with. Im not  sure where she got the other 3 from, but Im praying people didn't put too much thought into it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    as long as you don't have like 5 items on your third registry, 3 is the limit.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    We have a china registry at Macys, a houseware- almost all of our registry at BB&B and then a small one at target too. So I think three is great! One of my good friends had 6 though so to each's his own..
  • Options
    Personally I think more than two is more than necessary.. but then I don't even want gifts at all! So that's just me :]
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We have 3 registries. We were originally going to stick with two (Target and BBB) but we went to one of those private registering events at Crate & Barrel and ended up loving their stuff. The key is to have a good balance with all your registries. What we did was register for household and random stuff at Target, fine china and stemware and kitchen gadgets at BBB, and our every day dinnerware and some other neat gadgets at Crate & Barrel. People have already told us they're glad there's more of an option. It all depends on you and your FI's needs. If you can't find everything you need/want at one or two places then go for the third as well! Also take into account that not all your guests have each store locally to them or like to shop online so it's better to have more to choose from.
  • Options
    We're going with 3 - Target and Macy's, because they are pretty standard - and Sears for the third.

I want power tools, that's really the biggest reason we went with them.  And they have the rest of the house needs that Target and Macy's don't have.
  • Options
    I think three is a great number.  It gives people more options that way they can shop at wherever is most conveient for them.  We're doing three--Sears, Crate and Barrell, and I think Amazon will be the third. 
  • Options
    I haven't registered yet, and won't until later in the summer (fall wedding) but we plan on having 3 main registeries.. Target, BBB, Belk.  We are also going to do a informal registry at the "bridal" store in our town.

This may seem like too many for a lot of people but it's just the norm for weddings around here.  Almost everyone has these 4 places on their registry list, haha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards