Registry and Gift Forum
Options

5 Months Away

My wedding is about 5 months away (sep. 25) so shoudl I register now or could I wait? I guess I'm putting it off because there is not much stuff i want or need.
Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage

Re: 5 Months Away

• Options
    I agree!  Register now, it only gets busier.  And we totally underestimated how hard registering would be.  We signed up for one of those registry events at C&B which was really fun and a nice way to get started.  But after 2 hrs, we only had like 20 htings on our list!  I have since done a lot more with a few more visits and online.  But it probably took me a month to get a pretty complete registry that we are happy with.  You want to give yourself time to make the decisions and be happy with it before people start buying off it for your shower.
  • Options

Register away! 5 months isn't too early at all.

• Options

thanks ladies!!! another quick question. did yall take your fiances with you? Mine doesn't want to go and i dont think he would even know what to look for. He has never cooked or anything around the house in the past 7 years we've been together.

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    I couldn't imagine registering without my FI.  The gifts are for both of you and things you will hopefully be using everyday, so he should like them too.  Also, you don't have to only register for kitchen stuff.  If you wanted new sheets, say, wouldn't he want some input in the pattern so you don't get pink flowery stuff that he hates (just an example)?  If he really doesn't want to go to the store, you can register online, or register and then show him the stuff online so he can tell you if there's anything he doesn't like.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    FI didn't want to go with me at first, but once he got a hold of the scan gun he had a blast.  You should take him with you so that what you get will be stuff he likes as well.  We're registered at Target and BB&B and FI added a bunch of tools and guy stuff on the Target registry, so definitely "think outside of the kitchen" when you go!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did bring FI when I went to register.  These gifts are going to be for both of us, so I feel it's important that we both do it together.   I agree that FI will get into it when he gets the scanning gun in hand.  We had a lot of fun together registering. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_5-months-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:5c006860-e735-40c8-80a0-fe2503cd79a8Post:bea36a4f-a377-47fb-8b73-9d8ec1ca8cd2">Re: 5 Months Away</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks ladies!!! another quick question. did yall take your fiances with you? Mine doesn't want to go and i dont think he would even know what to look for. He has never cooked or anything around the house in the past 7 years we've been together.
    Posted by jedaniel[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, we went together. The stuff we registered for is for our new life together--there is no way I would pick it all out myself. FI wasn't terribly excited to go register but we ended up having a lot of fun.</div>
    imageimage
  • Options
    FI did not want to come with me at first but he was glad he did after! I am also glad he came because he was able to put input in on things I had no idea he would even care about. I was set on the dishes once I saw them and he actually picked out the flatware and color of our sheets. Without him I probably would have picked out something too girly! 

And we registered at 6 months out, so go ahead! We had people start buying stuff at the 5 month mark so now would definitely be a good time to register!
  • Options
    OK thanks, i will tell him he needs to go because he will wind up haveing fun. I'll tell him "thats what the girls on the knot said" haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards