Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Hotel Collection

We have selected a Hotel Collection bedding from Macys to put on our registry. Does anyone have any insight on sheets? Hotel Collection sheets seem so expensive!  Is there another brand that Macys or Bed Bath and Beyond carry that would be comparable? Also what are the differences between 600, 700, or 800 thread count?

I feel so clueless about something so simple. I've never splurged to buy nice sheets. Mine are cheapos from Target!

Re: Hotel Collection

• Options
    i have a pillow that i love! we registered for the hotel collection bedding too.
  • Options
    We are registered for Macy's Hotel Collection bedding too, and don't worry--it goes on super-sale basically every other week.  Full price it's insane, but when it's on sale it's pretty reasonable.

Generally, the higher the thread count, the softer the sheet is.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Hotel collection is the best! The sheets are made of Egyptian cotton and are 2-ply sheets...most sheets are only 1-ply so they don't last long after many washes. I think it is okay to splurge on sheets since we do spend 7-8 hours in bed.
  • Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    I've been told that there is pretty much no difference between 600 and 800 thread count sheets, it is basically the manufacturers "adjusting" how they count so they can increase the number and get you pay more money for them.

I'd go with any sheets over 400 thread count.  I'm sure the Hotel Collection ones are wonderful, but I bet you can find nice ones for way less money.  We found 600 thread count sheets on clearance at BBB last week for $50 (for a king sheet set). They are awesome.  I coudln't put sheets on my registry that were over $100 because I knew I could find them elsewhere for WAY cheaper.  Like TJ Maxx and Marshalls, they have nice sheets all the time.

But, we did register for the Hotel Collection towels. That was my splurge.  At $20 a towel, it is a little insane, but they are so nice!

ETA:  OH MY GOD, I just looked them up.  Seriously?  The 800 thread count sheets are sold individually, and are $149 EACH ON SALE.  So for my king bed, 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet and 2 pillowcases would cost $387 ON SALE.  I'm in shock.  That's pretty much the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.  I think I woudl die if I saw that on a friends registry.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_hotel-collection?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:9230abf4-79fc-48d5-94a0-f4c68f78a978Post:a11e3aba-8f64-4cb7-81f8-ef7f409b0d16">Re: Hotel Collection</a>:
    [QUOTE]ETA:  OH MY GOD, I just looked them up.  Seriously?  The 800 thread count sheets are sold individually, and are $149 EACH ON SALE.  So for my king bed, 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet and 2 pillowcases would cost $387 ON SALE.  I'm in shock.  That's pretty much the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.  I think I woudl die if I saw that on a friends registry.
    Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]

Ok thats what I was thinking! I feel like that is a crazy amount to spend on sheets. I know everyone would be saying bad things behind my back if I registered for those!  I was thinking about putting the 620 thread count Hotel Collection Set thats at Bed Bath and Beyond. The King set is $59.99 each. I figure thats a whole lot more reasonable. Only thing is they are sateen. Does anyone know if the sateen sheets pill up? I can imagine they would be super comfy!
  • Options
    Danielle:  I think those are the sheets we bought from BBB on clearance (or at least something similar, they were called Hotel Collection also).  They are GREAT!  Super smooth and soft.  But we've only had them 2 weeks, so not sure yet about the pilling up.
  • Options
    I work at Macy's (but not in the Home department, and I'm more likely to be biased against them than for them). The Hotel Collection sheets are definitely one of the more luxurious sheets that my particular Macy's sells (and I mean quality, not just price). Yeah, they're really pricey, but they DO go on super sale alllllll the time. On any given weekend they could be easily 50% off.

I didn't register at Macy's because I don't like the prices there and I didn't want my guests to have to pay them. However, they really are a good choice if you're looking for luxury sheets. SOOO super soft!
  • Options

Hotel Collection is awesome! All of my bedding is there, splurg on the sheets, it makes a great group gift if your bridesmaids want to pitch and get something nice :-) 

Or....  Also register at BBB for the hotel collection sheets, they have the full set for around $100 for a king size set... currently on clearance for $60, but they will replace the collection with something comparable.  

Thread count.... the higher the number the better, but also check the cotton (ie supema cotton vs. egyptian cotton, the feel is a little different for each)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards