Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Gift Question-Advice Needed

My FI is in a wedding in NY and lives in NC. He has to purchase a plane ticket, a rental car, a hotel stay, and a rental car. How much should he spend on a gift for the bride and groom? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks!

Re: Gift Question-Advice Needed

• Options
    Yea I agree with these posts, give what you are comfortable giving. My FI and I are in a simialr situation, I just finished paying for the brides shower, her wedding is in napa nex month and we're both in the wedding.... and we live in seattle. We're spending a $100 limit..... but she registered at macys and with all their sales and coupons you can get quite a bit for $100! just a thought
  • Options
    Give what you can afford, there's no set amount.  Gifts from our BP ranged from nothing to an expensive knife set.  Everyone has different economic circumstances.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I do'nt really expect my friends who have to travel to give me a wedding gift... also, dear abby says you can wait a year before giving the gift, so that might help.
  • Options

I agree with the year rule. I have seem it done a number of times, especially with larger gifts like $1000. But at least be sure to give a card at the wedding that says they'll be getting a gift later. Otherwise they'll think you forgot them altogether!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards