Registry and Gift Forum

When to register

My fiance and I do not even have the specific date set for the wedding. We are planning for 2011 though. Also, we are not sure we will be moving into a house immediately- we are a little strapped with money and getting started with new careers. Is it too early to start registering? Should we at least wait until we have the exact date?

Re: When to register

• I didn't create a registry until two weeks ago - less than 6 months before my wedding.  According to TK it's like the 4th or 5th thing you're supposed to do after you get engaged.

If you find something you reeeealy like, go ahead and register.  Also Target and BB&B have 'wishlists' that you can add things to and then transfer to your registry (one by one) when you actually feel like putting it out there.
    murrayed
  • I'd wait.  We registered at 9 months out and have had to change a lot of stuff because it got discontinued.  IMO, 6 months out is perfect.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • We tried to register 9-12 months before the wedding and were told by Macy's that we should wait until atleast the 6 month mark or closer before the wedding.  If you register to early, you run the risk of having a lot of the things you register for being discontinued before anyone even tries to start shopping for you.  We had a blast registering a few weeks ago, and I got an email today saying that one of our sheet sets has already been discontinued.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards