Registry and Gift Forum

HELP!!! Gifts with no names!!!

At our wedding last Saturday, our best man, who was rather intoxicated after the reception, & thinking he was being helpful, decided he would "condense" all of our gifts, putting smaller gifts into larger gift bags, and removing cards to put all the cards in the same bag >:O !!!!! what was he thinking? Anyways, so now I'm stuck with a bunch of gifts and have no idea who they are from! I was able to pair up a few who had gift receipts with the cards, but other than that, I've had no luck. Any advice on what I should do? HELP!

Mrs. Barnes :)

Re: HELP!!! Gifts with no names!!!

• Send a note to everyone that attended thanking them for sharing your special day with you.  Then if they call asking if you got the toaster, blender, etc. tell them the "funny" story of the "helpful" best man and how much you love the toaster, blender, etc. 

Thats the best I have. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If they are from your registry you can see if there is a "thank you card manager" that lists who gave you what.  Otherwise, if you can tell that a particular card used to be attached to a gift (because you can still see the tape on the back) then you might call up that person and explain what happened and ask what they gave.  For the rest, I would do as PP suggested.
    Married 10/2/10
  • I would just call everyone who had a card with their names on it and ask. I'm sure everyone would find the situation hilarious! And probably take pity on you, lol. 
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
  • Agreed with QuoteQueen.  If they are from your registry, you should be able to look up whoever gave it to you
  • lol BlueBoxBride! My FI said the same thing a few months ago. I liked it---so I put a ring on it. :)
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • lol aawwwwwww what a sweet best man lol
    My Shoes :)Photobucket
  • Definitely try the Thank You Card manager on your registry's website as a start!
  • I'd use the story to my advantage.  I think the guests would get a kick out of it, and would be happy to share the information when they hear it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards