Registry and Gift Forum

Proof my parent thank-yous?

I'm having trouble figuring out what to say for our thank-you notes to our parents without sounding too sappy. But this sounds a bit too...cold. 2 sets of parents are getting giftcards to a fancy restaurant and another set is getting a GPS. The "help" in the first paragraph includes physical help (making favors, invites, etc.) and financial help. I feel a bit uncomfortable mentioning money, but should I? Also, we got the gifts with the idea that they could spend some romantic one-on-one time. I'm unsure how to word that without it sounding like I want my parents and in-laws to have lots of sex.

Thanks ladies.

Dear -,

First and foremost, thank you for all of the hard work you have put toward our wedding. We would have never accomplished everything without your help.

We  also want to thank you for being our role models for a strong, healthy, and happy marriage. We couldn’t ask for more wonderful parents.

We hope you can use this gift certificate/GPS to spend a romantic night/exciting road trip reminiscing about the years since your own marriage.

Love,

Panda and Panda's FI

Re: Proof my parent thank-yous?

• I think it sounds great!
  • Are you sending the same note to each set of parents? IMHO that's a copout. Maybe try personalizing it some, and mentioning something specific about their favorite place, or something specific that they did for you. Overall, the wording sounds ok, just a little like a form letter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I agree with pp it is lovely, but with some more personalization to each set of parents. i thnk its a great start!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards