Registry and Gift Forum

We need a sticky

Can we have a sticky post answering questions about honeymoon registries? Then maybe we'd have some posts in this forum other than "We want to register our honeymoon!" "RAWR RAWR EVIL FROTH SNARL"

I'm not taking sides on this, I pretty much agree that honeymoon registries are a bit tacky, but I want to talk about some other things. :P

Re: We need a sticky

• The people posting about that won't read the sticky if they didn't even bother to look at any posts on the first page.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There's a sticky called "don't know what to register for?" and yet we get constant posts titled "I don't know what to register for!"  So yeah, I don't think stickies do a whole lot of good.
    Married 10/2/10
  • How about a "Do NOT register for this!" sticky? Include honeymoon, mortgage, etc.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_need-sticky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b4a22fa2-9e6e-41fb-9cba-f40f7a72762cPost:bd84a6f9-645b-4eb0-8f80-de6f65f30c40">Re: We need a sticky</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about a "Do NOT register for this!" sticky? Include honeymoon, mortgage, etc.
    Posted by Hellokatie0517[/QUOTE]

...and with wedding vendors!

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree, if they don't read the other stickys there's no point of adding another one.  It would be nice to get rid of all the HM registry questions though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, you're right... oh well.

I do tech support, a common technique is to throw tons and tons of links and banners and posts at the customer in hopes that they see one of them. ;)

And really, what would be in the sticky? I don't think the Knot has an opinion on this, even if posters do.
  • Good idea, really, but unfortunately the audience who needs it most won't even bother.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards