Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Only registered for Honeymoon registery

Uhhh ohh, I think I may have goofed. I only have one registry, its for our honeymoon, however my shower is this weekend, should I have given my guests the option for physical gifts?? Is it too late or should I link my honeymoon registry to Target or somewhere?

Re: Only registered for Honeymoon registery

• Options
    A shower is for physical gifts, hence "shower" the bride with gifts. If you weren't going to register for physical gifts, you should have declined the shower, but that ship has sailed.  You really should get a physical registry, like yesterday.  Otherwise, you may end up with gifts that have no use to you at the shower.

You didn't ask this, but I will warn you that honeymoon registries are controversial on TK, and so just a heads-up, you may get flamed.  Personally, I don't care for HM registries, but my reasons could make this post pretty long.
  • Options
    yeah, you goofed, what did your shower invites say for a registry?
  • Options
    I simply put the link to our honeyfund. Oh well, I may just add a link for somewhere else, guess thats all I can do
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    Register for household items for your wedding PLEASE.  People like me may not like donating to your hoseback riding on the beach, and would prefer to get you a toaster or something similar.  At least a small registry will be VERY helpful.
  • Options
    amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    The only reason why I think you should have registered at BB&B, Macy's or the like is that now you are probably gonna end up with a bunch of stuff you don't want/need and might have no way of returning it.

But who knows, your friends/family might be happy donating to your honeymoon fund!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_only-registered-honeymoon-registery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:cb38293d-7c4d-4dc5-b041-b1e974a7c807Post:edfabcf0-0175-40e8-8cca-0ec4ea61ba7b">Re: Only registered for Honeymoon registery</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only reason why I think you should have registered at BB&B, Macy's or the like is that now you are probably gonna end up with a bunch of stuff you don't want/need and might have no way of returning it. <strong>But who knows, your friends/family might be happy donating to your honeymoon fund!
    </strong>Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

More than likely, they won't.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Yeah, you need a boxed gift registry.  What are you supposed to open at the shower? If you didn't want anything other than funding for your HM, you should have declined the shower.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Um, yeah, that was a bad idea.  I don't like honeymoon registries at all.  But even more, I hate honeymoon registry showers.  If I were your guest, I'd be getting you a random houseware of my choosing that I hope you like. 

With a week to your shower, I don't think there is much you can do.  Even if you make a registry now, people most likely won't look for it since you only listed the honeymoon registry.  If you do make a real registry, I suggest BBB.  That's the first place I look for registries and usually where I buy gifts from.

You shoudl come back after your shower and let us know what happened!  I'm curious to see if people use your honeymoon registry for the shower or not.
  • Options
    That was a big ooppss.  My very first post on here was about honeymoon registries.  I pretty much got my a** handed to me and raked through the coals because I dare to ask about it...not that I was doing it.  Not a very warm welcome from this board at all. These girls got catty. If you are having your MOH throw you the shower you can have her spread the word to your guests that you are registered at Target, BB&B, ect.  Whatever you choose.  Do it quickly though.
  • Options
    Hey girls thanks for ur input I will let u guys know what happens after this weekend. Whatever I get I will be happy with.
  • Options
    Wedding gifts are supposed to be wonderful and heartfelt and long-lasting, mirroring the giver's fervent hope that the couple's marriage be wonderful and heartfelt and long-lasting.

By inviting these people to your wedding, you've asked your friends and family to be witnesses to your wedding ceremony, and as witnesses, those people are mentors for your marriage. Their gifts represent their acceptance of your request for their mentorship, and their gifts represent their presence in your lives and hearts forever.

When you see/use these gifts, you are reminded that you have a circle of people around you as a couple, people who you can call on, people who have pledged their support of you two as a couple.
    The following ideas do not match with what a wedding gift is supposed to represent, and in fact, just demand that people give you money instead of a wedding gift:  a downpayment registry, a honeymoon registry, a “donation” to your fav charity, a money dance, a money tree, a greenback wedding or shower (where the guests bring cash), a plastic wedding or shower (where the guests bring gift cards), or an outright request for cash.
  • Options
    Kristin789 thank you for your opinion, like I said, I would be happy with whatever I get. After all I have been living with my fiance for over 2 years now, therefore we pretty much have everything we need for our home. We have also already booked our honeymoon, we just figured a honeymoon registry was a great way to have the honeymoon of our dreams by having our guests help us with a few activities we know we want to do. However, the original post was not to defend why I have a honemoon registry but to get the opinions of my Knotties as to whether or not I should add another registry for physical gifts.
  • Options
    If I were a guest at the shower and you only had the option of your HM registry, I'd be a bit thrown off by it because you are supposed to open gifts.  But, I probably would have gotten you something small, HM related for you to open and a gift towards your registry (ie, if you are going to the beach, I'd maybe get you a cute beach towel or a basket of sunscreen/aloe vera and then a card that let you know what I gave towards your registry).  So since it's such short notice on the boxed gifts thing, you can probably expect something like that, or some other random gifts that you didn't register for...or possibly no boxed gifts at all and a sort of lame shower....
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards