Registry and Gift Forum
Options

what happens if you don't register?

Hi. some of you may remember me...(i was very adamant about not registering) BUT now I'm having second thoughts about registering!!

Honestly, what happens if you DON'T register?

Can I safely assume that registering will be mainly for the bridal shower?

I don't want to come off "gift-grabby" AT ALL... but I'm sorry, I don't want 100 vases or engraved picture frames, thank you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: what happens if you don't register?

• Options
    The world falls apart.

No, if you decide not to register then you'll more than likely get a few gifts that you don't need or want and hopefully mostly cash gifts. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You don't come off gift grabby if you register for a reasonable amount of gifts in a variety of price ranges.  If you don't register you will probably end up with more stuff you didn't want or that's not your taste than you would if you did.  That being said, it depends on your crowd.  Some crowds tend to give money anyway and will get the hint that if you don't register that's what you prefer.  If you have a group that likes giving physical gifts you may get more stuff that you don't want. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You'll have a lovely mix of brown, green, purple, blue, orange, ivory, and aqua towels.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options

LMAO at the Chili Pepper Lamp.  It reminds me of the scene in A Christmas Story when the dad opens the box marked "Fragile" and pulls out the leg lamp.  OMG!!!

• Options
    If you are having a bridal shower, I would definitely create a small registry. If you don't you run the risk of people wondering why you are having a shower at all, and you also risk getting very random gifts.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hahaha, yes you get weird things... I already registered but still got tacky picture frame set that looked like it was purchased from the dollar store.

Or try an experience website like funsherpa.com. Perhaps some activities in Boston would sound interesting to you and your future husband. We did funsherpa San Francisco, very memorable experiences (hang gliding, private chef/wine tour and spa getaway for us!)
  • Options
    If you don't register, you will get a mix of white elephant gifts and cash/gift cards.  Some people are comfortable giving cash.  Those people will take a lack of registry as a hint that you don't want physical gifts, and will give cash.  The rest of the people will just pick something out for you.  It might be a beautiful piece of art, or it might be a chili pepper lamp.  

If you have a sibling or someone close in the family that was recently married, you may be able to get an idea on whether or not your family is generally comfortable giving money.  
  • Options

HAHHAHA - holy crap I forgot I posted this!!!
    THANK YOU for the advice!! I really appreciate it.

You all are right!
    Fi and I decided that we are going to registry for a reasonable amount of items in a variety of price ranges.

That Chili Pepper lamp DOES sound intriguing though!! Maybe for a funny gag gift, but not for a wedding - who does that!?!
    LISA50 - my mom made that LEG LAMP out of an actual prosthetic leg and sold it at her Flea market... 1. she actually made it (she's crazy) 2. SOMEONE actually BOUGHT IT. 3. WITH MONEY.

haha. awesome. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Depending on the store, a registry can help if you need to make returns. 

dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards