Registry and Gift Forum

Detailed Registry check List

Hi Ladies

Anyone have a good, detailed registry checklist to send me?
My email is marissaleighton@gmail.com

Thanks,
Marissa

Re: Detailed Registry check List

• I googled "registry checklist" and got a bunch.  Also, all the stores we went to gave us one when we started.  Here's BBB's:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/regchecklist.asp?

Not a bad idea to start with this and then adapt it to what you really need (since obviously they are trying to get you to register for absolutely everything in order to get more sales).  Then use your list when you go into the store.

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_detailed-registry-check-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:cc4a2995-7571-4a24-8cab-b52f3b319744Post:5d5a49f9-f5a4-4549-8b94-2f48a0e14f8a">Re: Detailed Registry check List</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just get a clipboard and walk through each room of a house. What's in it? What do you already have? What do you want to upgrade? What needs replacing?
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!

DH and I went with a list and only registered for what was on it.  What is on those oh so helpful lists they give you at BB&B is conveniently the store's entire household inventory,
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_detailed-registry-check-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:cc4a2995-7571-4a24-8cab-b52f3b319744Post:5d5a49f9-f5a4-4549-8b94-2f48a0e14f8a">Re: Detailed Registry check List</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just get a clipboard and walk through each room of a house. What's in it? What do you already have? What do you want to upgrade? What needs replacing?
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

We did this too, cause it helped us think of things we needed that were "outside the box" and weren't on traditional registry lists. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would compare what you need/want to a store checklist. That way, you can cross off what you don't want or need and the rest will be your checklist.
  • Delete your email address. Responses are what the boards are for. To, you know, protect your anonymity.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • I would do both. Go through your house and write down everything you want/need. Then compare that to a list from someplace like BBB. I say this b/c there were things we didn't have that didn't even THINK of, but when we saw them on the list were like "Oh yeah, we probably need that."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Thank you all for your suggestions.  I printed out the BB&B list which will help and will go around the house to see what we need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards