Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Absolute best place?

I'm getting ready to do my registries and I hear Bed bath and beyond is great. Any other suggestions?

Re: Absolute best place?

• Options
    Overall, we've been happiest with our Crate & Barrel registry.  Everything's been perfect when it arrived, with zero technical glitches.  We've had serious problems with our Macy's one, and Bed Bath and Beyond was a little pushy/annoying when we registered there initially.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I haven't received any items yet, and I set all of mine up online.  I liked BB&B the best because I felt like it had the best variety of price points, and I know people that have really enjoyed going to the registry completion events.  It's also one of the few places that my whole family has nearby, which doesn't apply to everyone, and people can use the coupons they get in the mail.

I really like my Williams-Sonoma registry, as well, because there were some free gifts I received just for registering for certain items. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm all about Crate and Barrel. We have silverware and a few other things from there already, and its such great quality. But it depends on your taste, etc.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I chose BB&B, but we were really happy with both.  We did Macy's as well.  Everything arrived in tact and right.  We did return some duplicates to BB&B, and it was very easy to deal with.  We did the star rewards thing with Macy's and ended up with a $50 GC.  That was helpful for Christmas shopping.
  • Options
    Williams-Sonoma.  Wasn't on the list, but it's my favorite ;)
  • Options
    Thanks :) I know I could read all the fine print on places' terms of service but it's easiest to find out what actual people like. Hopefully this will be fun and not too hectic! I'll have to check out Macy's...gift cards are a nice perk :)
  • Options
    We're registered at Macy's, BBB and CB.  CB is by far our favorite - ironically it's also the only place that we haven't received a gift from.  I've heard from others, and obviously this depends on your area, people don't think of CB for registries and typically don't look to see if you have a registry there so the odds of getting your items is much less.  Just something to keep in mind.
  • Options
    I love love love Bed Bath and Beyond.  We also registered at Target and I really regret that, as we've been having lots of technical problems with them.  But Bed Bath and Beyond has everything and lots of different price points.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I chose Crate & Barrel.. I just love them! We registered there, Target, and BBB.. we've already received items from all 3 mostly because our families shopped off our regisitries for Christmas which we didn't mind at all. People get so excited when we mention that Crate & Barrel is one of the choices for our registries. My family and friends seem to love that place!

We haven't had any issues with any of our registries yet, but we also haven't had the bridal shower or the wedding yet so we'll see..
  • Options
    This was a great help for me because me and FI are getting ready to start our registry. I'm a little worried because I have heard nothing but horror stories about Target, but it's my favorite place to shop!

We don't have many other department stores nearby, so I hope it isn't a nightmare. 
    Undecided
  • Options
    I've also heard nothing but horror stories about Target. FI is insisting on registering there but I don't want to deal with the headache that I am sure it will be. we'll be registering at BB&B for sure, maybe Macy's. CB, WS, neither of these are close to us or the majority of our family and guests.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    i had always assumed we would register with macy's, but i've heard so many horror stories about Macy's recently. and everything i've gotten from C&B has broken within a few years, so we won't be registering there--i want our wedding gifts to last a long time, not a few years!
  • Options
    We registered at Target and Amazon.com.  We don't shop at any of the other places so it seems silly to register for a place we dont shop at anyway.
    I have also heard the stories about Target, but we havent encountered any and our friends didnt have any issues with them either when they got married.
  • Options
    We had a ball registering at Williams-Sonoma today. They asked us to come in 1 hour before the store opened so they could give us their undivided attention. We ended up staying there for almost 3 hours--the ladies helping us out were having almost as much fun as we did!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards